September 15th, Two Weeks into Senior Year

Eren laid down onto his bed, sighing. I need a job. He thought. He had been putting it off for weeks now. He decided that he would ask around about it on Monday but today he was just gonna relax.

His mom was at chruch and Mikasa was at work so he was home alone. He was contemplating texting Armin to come over. He didn't want to seem desperate but he didn't want to be alone.

He finally decided he would text him.

Eren: Hey are you busy rn

Armin >:): no why

Eren: do you want to come over ?

Armin >:): sure :)

Armin and Eren live decently close so it won't take very long for Armin to get there.About ten minutes later Armin was there. He didnt knock. Armin just walked right in. "Hey." He said smiling. His hair was in a small ponytail. It was pretty.

Eren smiled, and sat down on the couch. Armin shivered. "Why is it so cold?" He asked walking toward the thermostat.

"It's not the cold." Eren said with an eye roll.

Armin scoffed. "it's 67 degrees in here." He turned on the heater. He said down next to Eren noticeably close.

Eren cleared his throat. "Okay so what do we do now?" He asked.

Armin shrugged. "I don't know I don't usually hang out with people one on one."

"You literally just hung out with Jean." Eren said smugly.

Armin clicked his tongue. "That's different." He started. "I'm helping him with something." Only partially a lie. "I usually prefer big groups." He sighed. "Unless it's you."

Eren smiled and had the smallest hint of pink on his cheeks. "You wanna watch a movie?" He asked.

"Sure," Armin said. They picked on a random movie they found on Netflix.

The movie ended around the same time Carla got home.

She walked in and gave Armin a bright smile. "Hey Armin. Would you like to stay for lunch?" Armin nodded. "Okay!"

Eren dragged Armin to his room. He still had a few bags that hadn't been unpacked."You still haven't finished unpacking?" Armin asked. 

Eren shrugged. "I don't feel like it." Armin scoffed and laid down on Erens bed. His phone went off making both of them jump.

Jean : do you wana come over

Armin ✨: wanna*

Armin ✨: Not today, I'm with Eren.

Jean : oh 😏 Eren?

Armin ✨: stfu

Jean : 😏😏😏

Armin rolled his eyes and turned off his phone. "Who was it?" Eren asked.

"Just Jean being annoying." Armin responded. Both of them could hear his phone going off. "God he's annoying." Armin opened his phone.

Jean : 😈😜🍆

Armin ✨: one more message and you're getting blocked.

Jean : fine fine.

Jean : but use protection.

*You can no longer receive messages from this number*

"What's he's saying?" Eren asked.

Armin sighed. "He's picking on me about a crush i had literally years ago." Theres no way Armin likes Eren now. Right? He shook off the thought. Eren laughed and laid down next to Armin. Armin turned on his said and watched Erens face. "How was boarding school?" He asked out of the blue.

Eren knew it was coming. He had noticed how Armin was worried about him. He knew Armin could tell he changed. "Uhm. A lot." No. He didn't want to talk about it but it was Armin. He had to say something. "So much stuffed I just-" He clicked his tongue. "I don't know how to explain it all."

Armin sat up quickly putting his hand on Erens chest. "Hey hey. If you're not comfortable sharing yet you don't have to. I can just tell something is on your mind." Eren always said 'he didn't know what to say' when he was uncomfortable. I guess some things never change. Armin thought to himself smiling.

Eren sighed of relief. "It's not that I don't trust you." He said seemingly trying to explain himself. "I- I just don't want you to see me any differently."

Armin smiled. "Eren, I don't need an explanation. If you're not ready. You're not ready." Eren smiled, slightly leaning against the hand on his chest. "And realistically it's been six years. Of course things are going to be different."

"I just don't want you to think less of me you know?" Eren said. "I've always been the strong one."

Armin smiled. "Eren. Whenever you decide you're comfortable enough to tell me about it, I promise I won't think of you any differently." Eren sighed.

"You mean that?" He asked.

Armin nodded again. Eren smiled and hid his face in Armins shoulder. Armin moved his hand from Erens chest to his arm and rubbed it gently. "One thing that did change is you're a lot more clingy now." Armin said.

Eren shrugged. "I missed you." He said into Armins shoulder. He snuggled up to Armins said.

Eren was felt that if he let go he would never get to hold Armin again. Like it would all be ripped away like last time.

Armin laughed. "I'm not complaining."

"Boys lunch is ready!" Carla yelled. Eren flinched and practically jumped away from Armin.