44. Decisions Made

The weekend had gone by very fast, and before anyone knew it, Monday had arrived in full force.  

This meant two things.  

Gloria was coming to visit today, and they would tell her about their decision on the birthing process.

And Harry had to go and see Dumbledore and tell him what he had decided after being offered the position of DADA teacher.

But, first things first.  Gloria had arrived soon after breakfast and was tending to Draco at the moment, with Harry pacing outside the room waiting for her to emerge.  But his Omega's voice called to him.  [Come inside you silly Gryffindor] he chirped.

Harry wasted no time in heeding the call, and went straight in.  Gloria was standing next to Draco, and was just about to show them the orb again.  He went to sit next to Draco on the bed, and watched as she did her wand movements.  Again the blue orb appeared, and he could see that the babies were a little bigger.  Snuggled tightly together, it looked as if they were hugging each other.  

"Wow!", said Gloria.  So she had also never seen something like this before.  "The love you two have for each other is showing through in them Draco", she claimed.  Harry looked at her and smiled, gripping his husband's hand tightly.  "I've never seen babies act like this, but I suppose there is always a first time.  Congratulations", she said kindly.  Saying thank you to her came naturally now, because every time she saw them, she would only have good news.  

"Harry, Draco has told me about what you two have decided about the birthing process, and I have to say, that it is probably for the best.  His orb is extremely strong, and I don't see that there will be any complications.  But I have to ask.  Have you two decided on where you would like to give birth?", she asked.

And as one, they both spoke at the same time without even having discussed it.  "Here, at home", came the reply.  She nodded, and said that she had expected that to be their answer.  Again she prescribed vitamins for Draco, telling him that he was glowing, and she wished that all of her mothers to be were as beautiful as he was.  Which of course made Harry growl in total agreement, but also in a bit of jealousy.  She immediately apologized, saying that it was her job to let the parent carrying the child know that she was with them all the way.

Harry pursed his lips and said thank you again.  He saw her out, and once she had left went back to Draco to say goodbye.  He had to go to Hogwarts and speak to Professor Dumbledore, telling him what his decision was.  Draco kissed him, told him to be safe, and to hurry home.  Harry kissed him again, and said he would be as quick as he could.

Arriving at Hogwarts, he found that the students were on their way to classes.  Some of them greeted him cheerfully, and he said hello back.  Some offered to walk with him to wherever it was that he wanted to get to, and some didn't pay him any mind.  For which he was grateful, because, well, because he was Harry Potter, and he hated the stares and the gossip and the whatnot that came with his name.

Standing in front of the gargoyles, he realized that he didn't have the password.  He had been invited here today, after telling the Headmaster that he had an answer, and he knew that the gargoyles would open for him even without it, but he would never do that.  He valued his own privacy, and would never take it away from anyone else.  So he decided to wait, and perhaps someone would be his saving grace.

Just as that thought entered his mind, he heard the familiar sound of Severus Snape behind him.  "Harry.  Albus said you were coming today", he said.

He turned around and thought that it looked like Snape had something on his mind.  He shook the man's hand, making the pupils in the corridor look at them in shock and horror.  They weren't privy to the relationship that the men had, because it had been told that they both hated each other.  Perhaps the Alpha status demanded that hate be banished as an emotion altogether.  Oh well, this was good news.  It didn't mean however that Snape would be kind to all Gryffindors though, and they would do well to remember it.