20

🦋chapter 20:meeting up again🦋

Hanma walked up to them and looked at the security guard, who called him 'sir'. Not a single emotion on his now more mature looking face. Y/n stayed completely still and silent, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Let the girls in", Hanma gave orders to the guard and looked at y/n and Emma, "they are friends of mine", he explained.

"Yes, sir", the security guard moved to the side, so Emma could walk in.

Y/n stayed outside to way, but she wasn't alone, Hanma was standing right next to her and now he looked like a titan. He got even taller, how is that possible. Judging by his look and the clothes he was wearing, he was definitely in a good place in life. Suddenly he turned to y/n and looked her right in the eyes sending goosebumps all over her body.

Y/n knew she had to break the awkwardness, so she put a smile on her face and came closer to him

Y/n knew she had to break the awkwardness, so she put a smile on her face and came closer to him. Obviously Hanma somehow softened up, but he didn't change his facial expression. "It's been a while, Hanma-san", y/n scratched the back of her head and let out a chuckle.

"Yeah", he responded, cold energy coming out of his voice, "I didn't know you are back in Japan", he moved his eyes away from her.

"And I didn't know you own a club now, you are one of the biggest now, huh", y/n continued to smile, even tho she left like crying. His attitude towards her was unwelcoming for some reason.

"I own a couple of places around Tokyo, but it can't compare to being a lawyer. You must be proud of yourself", Hanma continued to look at a random spot somewhere on the street, cause he knew that, if he looks at her again his heart will give up to the feeling, "I'm happy for you, you made your dream come true".

"What about you? What are you doing with your life now?", y/n looked down. She wanted to ask him, if she's married or does he have anyone by his side, but she didn't really wanted to know the answer. She wasn't ready.

"I own a motorcycle company. Nothing too fancy, if you ask me, but it makes me good money, plus the clubs I own-perfect".

"I'm happy for you, that's so cool", y/n sounds so excited. She never thought that Hanma has a business plan, but she was happy to hear he is okay and healthy. This is all that matters.

Hanma nodded his head letting the silence and awkward tension to fill the air. Emma walked out of the club with her purse and stopped next to y/n asking her, if they are still going home. Hanma turned his back on the girls and started walking away back into the club.

"Hanma-san, wait!", y/n shouted after him and he stopped in his tracks. The fact, that she is back to 'san' killed him, but he tried to play it off like he doesn't notice. "Do you wanna hang out these days? To catch up, I mean".

"You have my number-call me, when you want and we can manage", he said without turning back and continued to walk till he was completely gone if their side.

"Damn, Hanma got colder", Emma looked at his directions making an obvious remark.

Y/n felt horrible, but he had his rights to be like that. Yeah, he didn't call her during all these years, but she didn't call him either. He might be okay now, but no one knows how much he suffered till he gets where he is now.
The two girls got into the car and drove away leaving Hanma watching them from the window of his office. He sat on his chair and hide his face into his big hands. Then he brushed his fingers thru his hair and let out an angry groan. I'm such an idiot, he thought to himself and looked down at his phone. Then he realised, Christmas is coming soon. He always lays low during Christmas Eve. I guess I have to disappear for a couple of days.

Y/n got back into her apartment alone and put her purse down on the couch. Then she slipped her heels off her feet and kicked them away with so much pleasure. The girl walked up to her kitchen and filled a glass of wine, then she sat on her couch and looked at her phone. The hour was so close to morning. How am I suppose to go to work in this condition? I had a little bit too much to drink. Y/n let out a big sigh and threw her phone away from her. She drank the whole glass on wine and put it away, then she got comfortable and fall asleep. She was so tired, that she didn't check her text messages before going to sleep.

Messages

Emma:Tonight was lit, girl!!

Co-worker: miss l/n, did you send the last papers to the office centre?

Co-worker2: miss l/n, you have a potential client, that wants to be defended by you. He will be in your office tomorrow morning.

Assistant: y/n!! How was the club 😉

Baji: yo, where did you disappear? U ok?

Hanma🤍: I hope you got home safely.

Hanma was looking at his phone and the text he send to her. He was looking at the name 'wifey 🤍' , that he haven't changed since high school waiting for response. Maybe she fell asleep, he thought to himself, it's late already. He put his phone down and turned to face the window in his room. He was now laying in his bed at home, but he couldn't sleep. Spend the whole night thinking about y/n. She's even prettier than before, he thought and wide smile appeared on his face. What a crazy night, wasn't it? He couldn't wait to see her again soon.