twenty

"so how much time does she have left?"
was the first thing todoroki asked upon entering the hospital room.

the doctor, a short old man known as mr. kozo sighed deeply. todoroki knew this wasn't a good sign.

"i'm not exactly sure, but what i can say is she doesn't have much time left. i'm sorry mr. todoroki but the treatment failed."

todoroki looked over at his sister fuyumi who did nothing but cry and hold their mother's hand.

"i'll let you be with her, if you need anything please let me know." mr. kozo said before shutting the door leaving the siblings alone with their mother rei.

"where is natsuo? he should be here." todoroki asked as he sat next to his sister.

fuyumi shrugged, "i'm not sure. i told him the doctor wanted to speak to all of us but i guess he didn't get my message."

todoroki looked at his phone hoping there'd be a message from his brother. there wasn't, all he saw were countless of messages from bakugou.

he put his phone away, he'll message him later. all that mattered was being by his mother's side, and that's exactly what he did.

todoroki knew it'd be pointless to call their oldest brother, after all he never really cared about the family. after his fallout with their father.

todoroki couldn't blame him, his father wasn't a good man.

"are you okay shoto?" fuyumi asked, interrupting his thoughts.

"i'm fine," was all todoroki said. although fuyumi knew this was a lie, she sighed softly and got up from her seat.

"would you like me to get you something from the cafeteria?"

"no, thanks."

fuyumi nodded and left the room, silence immediately washed over.

without any thought todoroki walked over to his mother's bed, how he hated seeing her suffer.

he held her hand, kissed her palm, and let out a sad sigh.

"i love you mom, please be okay.."