Chapter Thirty-Seven - Football

Cam's POV
Cody has his Football championships today, so I had to get things ready.
I rolled out of bed and took a shower. I put on black v-neck, blue shorts, and blue vans. I was too lazy to do my hair, so I just put on a black snapback.
I go to Cody's room and wake him up. I wake up Addy and Cody. I go downstairs and start making breakfast.
Everyone comes down and we all eat. Cody goes upstairs and gets his gear on. His jersey is blue and white. His team is the Sharks. He's a Wide Receiver. He's fast and catches pretty much every pass to him. He's really good. He's #13.
"Cody, you ready?" I yelled upstairs.
"Yeah. Be right down!" he yelled back.
I usually drive Cody early, and then Carter and everyone else bring Addy and Brady.
Cody came down and we got in the car. I drove to the fields, and Cody ran off with his team. His 2nd best friend is on the team. His name is Vinny and he has blonde hair and green eyes. He's the Quarterback.
After about 30 minutes, everyone else arrived and the game started.
Towards End Of Game
Cody is doing flawless. He's caught every pass, but the score is tied 6-6. Just one more and they win the Championships.
All the boys got back in position.
"C'mon Cody." I whispered.
One kid called out the play and the ref blew his whistle. Cody immediately spread out to be opened and able to run start for the end zone. The ball was passed to the quarterback and Vinny looked around, careful not to be tackled. He made eye contact with Cody and threw a perfect pass. Cody jumped up and caught it, sprinting towards the end zone. The defense started chasing him. They started gaining on him.
"C'mom Cody!" I yelled.
He was 2 yards away from the end zone, he jumped. 3 defense players jumped on him. I heard a faint scream.
I panicked. I didn't know if Cody was hurt. The ref blew his whistle and ran onto the field. He pushed the defense kids off and I saw Cody...he was still holding the ball, laying right in the end zone. The crowd stared cheering....then they gasped. I looked closely at Cody's leg. It snapped and I could see the blood through his white pants.
I ran off the bleachers and onto the field. The medics ran onto the field too.
"Cody, what happened?" I asked.
"My leg..." he cried weakly.
I looked down and I could see a little bone...I think I'm gonna puke...
The medics lifted him up onto the gurney and carried him into the ambulance that arrived 2 minutes ago.
"Dad...it hurts..." Cody cried softly.
"I know buddy. I know."
The guys ran out with Addy and Brady.
The second Brady saw Cody's leg, he passed out. Luckily Nash caught him. He doesn't like blood...
"Meet me at the hospital." I told them.
They nodded and ran to the car. Well, Brady was carried, barely waking up.
I got in the ambulance and they sped to the hospital.
Cody's POV
This pain is unbearable! It's like nothing I've ever felt before!
All of a sudden, I started getting sleepy.
"Don't fall asleep son. You could fall into a coma from blood loss." a medic said.
"C'mon Cody. Stay awake. Keep looking at me." Dad said.
I tried my best the stay awake...but my eyes ended up closing and didn't open back up...
Cam's POV
"Hey. C'mon Cody! Stay with me!" I said, shaking him.
He was out...
"This could be bad..." the medic said.
I panicked.
We arrived at the hospital and we rushed Cody inside.
They rushed him into surgery and I had to wait in the waiting room. The guys ran in 10 minutes later. Brady was awake now.
"What's goin on Cam?" Carter asked.
"He passed out in the ambulance. Medic said it could mean he might not wake up." I said, tearing up.
Addy ran to me and started crying. I held her and we all waited for the doctor...
A/N
Hey guys! Please go read my new story, Baby Higa! It's a Ryan Higa adoption story! Thx!