Chapter Thirty-Nine - Enemy

Addy's POV
I woke up to my loud alarm clock and groaned before shutting it off.
I got out of bed and took a shower. I put on a purple, blue, and black tie-dye tank top, black shorts, and galaxy vans. I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail.
I went downstairs and Daddy was making eggs and bacon.
"Morning Daddy." I said, kissing his cheek.
"Hey princess." he said with a smile.
The boys came down and we ate. I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth. I sprayed on some perfume and grabbed my phone and backpack. I waited for Carter and the boys. When they came down, we got in the car.
We drove to school and Carter dropped us off. I hugged the boys and went to my locker. Ariana, my bestie since pre-k, walked up to me.
"Hey Addy. We have practice today right?" she asked.
"Yup." I said.
We're both on the school dance team. We do gymnastics together too.
I closed my locker and we walked to class. We talk about random things until the bell rang. Kids filled the class and then our teacher, Mr. Phillips, walked in.
"Good morning class. Today we have someone new joining us. Please welcome, Victor DeLeon."
The cutest boy I have ever seen walked into the room. He had dark brown spiky hair, brown eyes, black square glasses, and a super cute smile.
"I recognize him! He won the Voice Kids last season."Ariana whispered to me.
I smiled. He can sing too...
"Tell us a little about yourself Victor." Mr. Phillips said.
"Well, I like football, hip-hop, and video games. My favorite color is blue and I'm really good at math." he said.
"Excellent. Well, who would like to do the honors of showing Victor around?" Mr. Phillips asked.
I raised my hand without even thinking.
"Ah, Addy. Victor, you can have the seat next to Addy." He said.
Victor nodded and walked over to us. He sat down and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.
He smiled at me and turned back to the teacher. Help me...
I looked at Ariana for approval and she nodded with a smile. When the bell ended for nutrition (recess or whatever you call it), I showed Victor around the school. He's really nice and funny. We actually have a lot in common.
"So what middle school are you going to?" I asked.
"I think West Briar." he said.
"Me too." I said.
We sat down at a bench and kept talking.
"So do you have any brothers or sisters?" He asked.
"3 of them. I'm the oldest of triplets and I have an older brother." I said.
"Lucky. I'm an only child. Just me and my dad." he said.
"Where's your mom?" I asked.
He didn't say anything for a minute.
"Um...I don't know. My dad never talks about her. She's never been around." he said.
"Oh, well, I'm adopted. My parents died when I was a baby. I only have a dad too." I said.
He held my hand and lightly smiled. I smiled back.
"Who's this Addy?"
I looked up and Brady and Cody were standing in front of us, well, Cody was on crutches. Brady was holding a football.
"Um...this is Victor. He's new in my class. Victor, these are my brothers, Brady and Cody." I said.
"Hi." Victor said.
"Hi." Brady said suspiciously.
"You play?" Cody asked, referring to the football.
"Yeah. I've been playing since I was like 7. I love the Indianapolis Colts." Victor said.
"Now way. Me too." Cody said.
They started talking about football when Brady pulled me aside.
"What's up with you?" I asked, crossing my arms.
"I don't like that kid. He gives me a bad vibe." he said.
"Brady, stop. He's really nice and funny. I can be friends with him if I want. I don't tell you not to be friends with Ariana." I said.
"Maybe because we've both known her since we were 3." he said like it was obvious.
"Doesn't matter. Just...give him a chance. You don't even know anything about him." I said.
He looked at Victor for awhile.
"Fine." he mumbled.
"Thank you." I said.
We walked back to them and Cody was still talking to him about sports.
"Hey Addy, he's gonna try out for football and your hip-hop team." Cody said.
"Awesome." I said, glancing at Brady.
He looked annoyed and just walked away with Cody.
"Um...is something wrong with your brother?" Victor asked, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Oh, Brady? Yeah he's just in one of his moods today." I said like it was nothing.
He nodded and we kept talking until the bell rang. We went back to class and sat down.
After School
Victor and I got paired for a science project and I couldn't be happier.
We went to our lockers and walked outside together. We waited for our Dads.
"Addy!"
I looked around and saw Daddy walking towards me with the boys.
"Victor!"
Victor turned around and I saw a tall guy walking towards him. Probably his dad.
"Hey Addy. Ready to go?" Daddy asked.
"Cameron Dallas?" Victor's Dad said.
"Ryan DeLeon." Dad said kinda mad.
"Well long time no see. Still a pathetic wanna-be?" Ryan, I'm guessing, said.
"I see your doing well. How's being a single teen dad?" Daddy said.
"Shut your mouth." Ryan said, covering Victor's ears.
"Haven't told him yet? That his mom came crawling to me and left him with you?" Daddy said.
"Shut your fuckin mouth before I kick your ass again." he said louder, still covering Victor's ears.
"Just keep you and your kid away from my kids." Daddy said.
"With pleasure." Ryan said.
Daddy glared at him and pulled us away.
"You guys stay away from both of them." Daddy said, hurrying us into the car.
"But Victor is my new friend. He's really nice." I said.
"Addy, stay away from him." Daddy said.
I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. I'm not going to stay away from Victor and I don't care what Daddy says.
Cam's POV
No way I'm letting that asshole's kid near my little girl. Allow me to clarify.
Ryan and I went to Elementary, Middle, and High school together. He would always bully and make fun of me. I could never stand up to him, because he hang a gang of friends that could beat me senseless. In sophomore year of high school, he got his girlfriend pregnant. She had the baby and left Ryan. We started dating, but broke up a year after high school. In senior year, Ryan and I got into a fight. No one won, but I ended up with a broken arm and Ryan needed stitches down the side of his head. He moved schools after that.
If his kid is anything like him, I want him nowhere near my kids. Especially Addy...
A/N
Hey guys! I have 2 new books! One is Adopting Magcon and the other is Omaha Boys Toddler Preferences! Please to check them out! Thanks!