Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: we are grounders part one

—(••÷[ ꌃꍟꎇꂦꋪꍟ ꌩꂦꀎ ꁅꂦ ]÷••)—

DAEMON DAGON STOOD NEXT TO JOHN MURPHY. Everyone was busy doing something, mostly digging holes in the ground.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy yells aloud. "Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy yelled Raven.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven fires back.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field."

"Hey..." Raven calls out, the lowers her voice as she walked up to Bellamy.

Daemon turned to Murphy. "I'm kinda surprised that Bellamy actually let you around the gunpowder." He gestured to the holes that they were digging.

"I'm surprised he asked you to watch me," Murphy replied back. "thought he wanted to keep you away from me."

Daemon shrugged, unsure or what to reply. "Why would that matter?"

Murphy's unable to reply because a gun goes off, making everyone turn, panicked. They weren't ready for the grounders, but, Bellamy is glaring at one of the guards. "What the hell is the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The boy explained.

Bellamy grabs the other, shaking his jacket. "We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

Daemon rushed up, pulling Bellamy away from the boy.

"Bell, you're scaring people," Octavia told her brother.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do!
Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no gun are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" Bellamy yelled, the turned to walk off.
—(••÷[ ꌃꍟꎇꂦꋪꍟ ꌩꂦꀎ ꁅꂦ ]÷••)—

Daemon walked up behind Bellamy, careful that his footsteps were loud enough to hear. Miles was in the corner, groaning from the pain.

"You are aware that it's not just you that scared?" Daemon says, not sure what to say.

Bellamy doesn't reply. Jasper walks in, glancing at Bellamy before looking away.