Chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE: remember me

▀▄▀▄▀▄ ฿€₣Ꮻ₹€ ¥ᏫɄ ₲Ꮻ ▄▀▄▀▄▀

DAEMON DAGON RAN TO FOLLOW CLARKE GRIFFIN. The girl had, at first, walked numbingly. Of course, he was still in a state of shock at what had happened to Finn and didn't even know what he was going to say to her. He stood outside the tent, staring at it. Abby had quickly run in.

"Daemon," Marcus called, following after him. The brunette-haired boy had practically flown away from Marcus after a moment had realized that the man had pulled him in for a hug.

Daemon stood outside the tent, staring. "She had to do it," he says. "They wouldn't-The Grounders would have made him suffer for days. They tortured Murphy for three days to get the location of our camp."

Daemon could hear Clarke crying inside the tent. The seventeen-year-old was stopped as Marcus pulled him back, looking worried. "Are you okay?"

A grounder started to walk by them; Marcus pulled Daemon behind him so that the Grounders wouldn't see him. Daemon walked into the tent.

"Blood has answered blood. Some on my side say that's not enough. They wanted the murder to suffer as our tradition demands, but they do not know that your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days. Still, there will be restitution. The body will be given to the people of Tondc, murder and murder joined by fire. Only then can we have peace." The Commander says.

"No. No. We've done enough. The boy should be buried by his own people." Marcus speaks up.

"Enough? We were owed the pain of eighteen deaths. We were owed our righteous kill. My village deserves justice." the grounder next to the commander says.

"Justice?" Daemon questioned. "You captured one of our people and tortured him for three days before sending a-"

"Daemon," Marcus called, pulling the boy a step back when he has seen bow the Grounder only got angrier as he spoke.

"You don't want justice.You want vengeance." Abby speaks.

"You have not seen my vengeance." the dark-skinned grounder says.

"We'll do it," Clarke speaks. "We'll do it... But when it's over, we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather, all of our people."

"We want the same things, Clarke."

"Good. When do we leave?"