Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Chase didn't bother knocking or anything, he just walked in with one arm around my waist, which brought me a bit of comfort.

"Dad?" Chase yelled out into the house.

"In the living room!" A voice yelled back and Chase started leading me towards the voice.

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?

We stopped in front of a big set of closed willow doors.

Chase spun me around so I was facing him.

"Take a deep breath." He ordered me and I did so. For a few seconds we just stood like that. "Now exhale. You'll be fine, Kim."

With that he opened the door.

There was a young guy that looked a bit younger than me and Chase, he wore dark blue jeans and a dark green dress shirt, and though he looked young he dressed as an adult. Next to him I was guessing was Chase's dad. He wore a neat suit and the smile he had on his face turned into a frown as soon as he saw me. Next to Chase's dad was an old man, he should already be in his mid seventies, but he wore old blue jeans and a Beatles white shirt, he had many laugh lines.

My opinion: I was scared of Chase's dad.

"Kimmy, that's my brother William, but we all just call him Liam. That's my dad, Gregory. And my Grandpa, Victor."He pointed the out for me.

His grandfather looked at me appraisingly for a little while, but after that he seemed content with what he saw and his face broke into a grin.

"Hey, girlie, call me Vic!" He said to me. Normally I didn't like when people called me girlie, but when he said it was fine, it sounded like a nickname.

I smiled back.

"Thanks! And you can call me Kimmy or girlie, whatever." I laughed with him.

And then he walked over to me and hugged me. At that I stiffened. I wasn't really a hugger.

"This one is a keeper, Chase. Somehow I never thought you could find one of those!" He said jokingly and I went back next to Chase, who grabbed my hand sensing my discomfort.

"Thanks, granddad!" Chase laughed too.

I looked at him and smiled nervously he smiled back and looked around for awhile. Then he let out a relived sigh. Weird.

The boy was next.

"Hey, Kimberly! I'm Liam, Chase's brother." He smiled, but he looked tired.

"Are you okay?" I asked straight out before I could stop myself.

And I should've stopped myself.

"Fine!" His tired face turned to mad.

I guess some people really didn't like other people meddling in their business.

His grandfather seemed to like me and his dad seemed to loathe me and his brother didn't seem to care for what I did.

His dad looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Hello Kimberly! I have to say you look very much like your sister." Maybe he wasn't that bad.

"You know my sister? Which one and from where? And I assure you nothing they told you was true!" I said smiling back.

"Yes! I've met Mackenzie at hooters." He said slowly.

My smile faded. Chase glared at his dad.

"Greg!" Victor yelled.