Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Chase’s POV

I was soaked and so was Ben and Declan who Ben called to join us no matter that his mom had come to drop him off and never left, she was watching TV on the couch right now. We were all soaked and the boys were laughing like mad, ok, maybe I was too.

I saw Dec and Ben trying to hide behind a vase so I sneaked up to them, pretended to recharge my weapon and took the shot yelling ‘Bam!’. That was when the phone started to ring.

“Time out!” I yelled and went inside pulling my soaking shirt over my head.

“Oh, so that is why Kim wanted to come live with you.” I looked up at Mackenzie at the couch and she was staring at my abs. I shook my head while the boys came in after me and went to pick up the phone.

“Hello?” I took the phone.

“Chase? Chase?” It was Liam and wherever he was it was very noisy.

“Where are you Liam? I can barely hear you.” I said than a thought occurred to me “Where is Kim?”

At that moment I heard a buzz on the other side of the line. Oh no! I clenched my teeth.

“Liam!” I was yelling now “Where the f*ck is Kimberly?”

I was so focused on Liam that I couldn’t even heard Mackenzie taking the boys back outside.

“Let’s give Chase a moment alone.” She whispered to them.

“What happened, Liam?” I yelled louder.

“Well… We were skating… Me, Kim, Harry and Fred… Her skate fell on the street and she went to get it…” Call it sixth sense but I held my breath already knowing what would come next “The car came out of nowhere. I swear I couldn’t have done anything!”

She was hit by a f*cking car.

“Where?” I asked way more calmly than I actually felt.

“Saint Monica’s.” He answered defeated.

“You are so dead Liam.” I said before getting my car keys off the table and pulling my wet shirt back on.

Shit, shit, shit! She had to me ok, something couldn’t happen to her, much less while I was lying to her.

“Come on! Move!!” I yelled to the car I front of me.

Damn Misha! Why did she have to go around my life ruining everything?

OK, I was hysteric in my head.

I finally pulled up in the parking lot and tried to control myself before going in. I closed my eyes, but it was no use, every time I closed them her eyes were the to meet me, sparkling and giggling at me. I couldn’t imagine never seeing those eyes again.