Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Kim’s POV

On Wednesday I didn’t even try talking to him since he had so blatantly ignored me the other two times that I had tried to talk about what happened. Yesterday afternoon i went to get my leg checked all by myself and the nice nurse asked me where was Chase, so it was wierd, but on the bright side I finally have my leg back! And after three razor blades it looked pretty much healed.

Anyway...

 Saying I was surprised when I saw Chase waiting for me at my locker that day after school would be an underestimate.

“Uhm… Hi…” I said awkwardly once I stopped in front of him.

“Hi, Kim.” God, I missed his voice “Could we talk… I’m not going to practice today, so…”

“Ok.” I said as quickly as I could just so he had no chance to change his mind and just so I could sound super desperate (Attractive, I know).

I pushed all the books in my hand into the locker and slammed it shut quickly before realizing my mistake, without anything to do it was just me and Chase staring at each other, neither of us saying anything.

He looked just as handsome as before this thing, true he had a bit of a stubble in his jaw and he looked dead tired, but even so his light brown hair feel perfectly in his blue eyes that stared right back at me as if trying to figure me out.

He reached forward and grabbed my wrist, but he didn’t pull me closer, he just let his hand rest there.

“I’m sorry.” I stated the obvious.

“Come on.” Chase shrugged, but he had no smile in his face. “Let’s talk about this somewhere else.”

As I followed Chase out of the school I realized the reason why he wanted to talk somewhere else, half of the school had been eavesdropping on our little conversation. Get a life!

I followed Chase into the car and he started the engine.

“Where to?” He asked half-heartedly.

“I don’t know.” I said in a small voice and he continued to drive in silence until we stopped in the park two block away from the apartment, where I had gone with Liam, since it was the middle of the week there were many children running about and less skaters.

I wasn’t in the mood to get out of the car and talk in the sunshine, the scenery just didn’t match with the talk we were about to have and I thought that that was important. Matching I mean. So I just released my seatbelt and turned in my seat so now I was facing him while he mimicked my moves.

“So…” I started nervously and don’t you dare laugh, you would be nervous to if Chase was looking at you with his scary impassive face on.

“So…” He raised one eyebrow at me.

Here goes nothing.