Chapter 24

I burst out laughing.

“Not true!” I said once I got my breath back.

“Sure. Whatever you say, babe.” Chase answered sarcastically while taking another spoonful of the ice cream.

Right now we were both sitting in the kitchen eating from a bowl of ice cream that was resting between us (what? Making up gets you hungry.). He scooped some more ice cream and offered his spoon to me which I gladly took. Yummy ice cream.

He laughed again at my pleased face.

“You are such a dork!”

“You are!” I retorted.

“Are you going to start this again?” He was still laughing.

This one I did it only for his amusement.

“You are.”

He rose from the chair to kiss me since I was sitting on top of the counter.

“Missed you.”

“Missed you more.” I stated placing another kiss in his lips and I couldn’t have been more truthful, I missed more than anything.

It was around three in the morning and after…making up… in the bedroom we both came to the kitchen to eat and… catch up… some more.

He motioned to leave and I wrapped my legs around his waist so he wouldn’t (I missed having full use of my leg too!) making him laugh in my mouth.

“I’m sure you did.” He said still into my mouth.

“I’m glad you didn’t give up on us and got back with Heather.” I joked, well, half joked.

“I’m glad you didn’t go for some other random guy. Then I would have to beat him senseless.” He showed off his biceps as if to prove than he could (as if he had to prove for me that he could).

I laughed out loud.

“Chase Duncan! I would’ve never tagged you for the possessive type! I have tons of guy friends and you never seemed to mind all that much.”

From our position with my legs around him it was easy for him to pick me up and turn us around so I was sandwiched between him and the wall.

“Babe, all your guy friends are guys that I chose and trust that would never make a move on you and the guys who I don’t trust know better than to approach you.” He said seriously and I giggled.

“Because you are such a macho man.” I tried to make my face serious like his, making him crack a smile too.