02.

The whispers say he became sentient, a being unlike any other, his will was his own and no man nor the world could ever harm him, because once both had rejected him and hurt him, they would never do so again.

I live by my will and the love around me, there is nothing more precious to me than the love I've been given, I'd die each day and breathe again, if only to feel that love once more.

Rodriguez.

Lael Mercia.

It had been an exhausting day already, and for the first time in years the stag had been attacked. It would make the community uneasy since the stag and the whole of WestEnd was considered safe because of the bar and lounge. "People are restless love." Lael mumbled next to Rod who didn't answer but his rumble was enough an answer. "How about we pass by Marta's and assure her, I'm sure she'll spread the word." Lael suggested and Rod nodded turning the Aston Martin he was driving with Lael next to him, they headed for the quaint cafe where most people ordered lunch since that was Marta's special, on the go food. As Rod parked, Lael noticed the cafe was nearly full, as expected people were buying but also waiting on the vine to spread the word, it was amusing at times but also useful, peace thrived on news in westend, therefore the correct news, saved a lot of people their lives.

Rod opened the door for Lael, the little bell above chimed signalling both his and Rod's entry. "I'll have my regular by two to go." Lael told the service girl at the counter, she waved at Rod who waved back, a blush crept up on her face as she squeaked back to the kitchen. "Tell me the little thing didn't—." Lael spoke in shock as Rod just raised his shoulders and dropped them, of course the little mouse girl would want a piece of the giant's little finger, but Rod wasn't little, not at all. "Today's generation, can't help want big things." Lael mumbled earning a chuckle from the two men next to him, one of them winked his way, the other smacked his arm and they quickly turned away to take their orders, at this point Lael was used it. "Oh 'ma goodness, Lael, nice to see you doin' so well hun." Marta stated with her slight accent peeking through "We're fine Marta." Lael reassured as he took the food handed to him in the large brown bag. "But dear lord, who'd ever do such a thin', it's terrible really." She went on to say as Lael slipped his hand into Rod's pocket, got his wallet then got a credit card to pay, the large teddy bear had twelve cards and he barely used them since Lael did everything for him, his cat was too lazy at times.

This was also Marta's way of asking the underlying question, who did it, why and was everyone safe. "Just some new blood, who didn't know better Marta, it's been sorted, but I don't think it'd be right if whoever sent them came over and tried to buy something, they destroyed the stock." Lael replied carefully placing each word and Marta smiled, a pearly white toothy smile. "Oh dear, aslong as you're alright dear, these businesses o' ours have seen worse anyway." She asserted as Lael nodded grateful, as she handed back the card, Lael and Rod made their way out. "Aren't you going to say goodbye to your little squeaker over there?" Lael questioned Rod who rumbled a no decisively. Well, they never really stay long these escapades of his.

After making it back to the stag in record time as always since Rod liked speeding, Lael was pleasantly surprised to see the ground floor clean, except with the missing chairs, broken furniture and the stock. "Thank you again doctor Hassim, have a good day." A client of Sal's waved him goodbye, as he led her out the other way in the back, which was actually the glorified entrance for his clients since parking for the stag was at the back and he'd spent a lot of money to clear, clean and refurbish it plus add the staircase which led to the first floor, from there it was alright. At times when the lounge was filled out, the backyard of the stag worked perfectly to host people. "Hey guys you're back, how did it go?" Sal asked as he came back in. "We figured out the new don is the one who caused the attack by sending Cagli's underboss, pretty smart, but total dick move too, since Cagli will kill whoever followed McCormick, also we dropped by Marta's, she got the gist that it's the new guy causing trouble, any product he might want to sell, WestEnders won't be buying." Lael explained as they sat by a table in the bar.