10.

Digging Up The Past Of An Enemy.

Lael Mercia.

"Why aren't we returning to the stag, you got something else planned love?" Cagli seductively mentioned in a purr by Lael's ear making Lael himself roll his eyes."No, are you constantly high on arousal?" Lael retorted earning a snicker from Dunkan. They had left the district with the burning apartment building after making sure every last undead was indeed gone, but instead of heading toward The Stag Lael had taken a route away from it, rather due north which was currently Kybern's territory but he didn't seem to care and he knew Dunkan along with Cagli would follow, if only Cagli could do it silently.

Lael knew Kybern had a past, everyone in the world had a past and to understand his motivations, his need to have it all, Lael figured he needed to understand his past, to truly grasp him as an individual, so that is why he was taking the trip due north, to visit an old friend, who could enlighten him on that very topic. "Are you sure about this, you know she demands a price, a hefty price." Dunkan asserted having picked up on Lael's intentions, unlike Cagli, Dunkan could easily do that, maybe it was due to him having lived with Lael or the fact that he wasn't just wolf and could pick up more on emotion. "I am sure and she requires a price from unworthy mortals, her existence itself is owed to me, that is my price." Lael replied knowing well that Dunkan would understand.

"Are we talking about, mad Caimen the seer, she creeps me out, a lot." Cagli finally joined in the conversation and it amused Lael. "Come on, I bet you've always given her something to use, she's perceptive and anything to her is a weapon she'll use to her amusement, that's why she's referred to as mad." Dunkan explained whilst his arm was draped over Cagli's shoulder, hooking him by the neck and bringing him closer, the gesture wasn't lost on Lael who saw how easily Dunkan had taken to Cagli after their truce, he was always a free spirit and his trust was easily won, and from the corner of his eye he could see how surprised yet glad Cagli was to be held like that, the man didn't have a lot of bromance or genuine romance aside from Lael himself, so he could understand.

Lael and his men in tow had finally stepped onto the edges of the west territory, he didn't go forward rather held out his hand and in an instant a green swirling portal opened. "Comimg?" He questioned the two bulking masses of men behind him as he stepped through, they didn't hesitate to follow him as the portal closed behind them and opened in front of a home, two stories of quaint, white picket fenced home. "You would think one of the most powerful seers in the world would live in a mansion or something." Cagli mused making Lael chuckle. "Not everyone wants to live lavishly like you sweet one, come she awaits us." Lael replied as the two nodded and walked up to the door.

Dunkan rang the doorbell and without too much wait, footsteps ever so light were heard inside, as a petite woman, golden skin and obsidian eyes opened the door to greet them. "Lael." She mumbled in surprise. "Rita, how wonderful to see you." Lael replied hugging the woman. "It's been so long, you barely visit us in this part of the city." She mentioned as Lael made an apologetic face. "I am sorry about that, it gets so busy in WestEnd." Lael apologized as Rita nodded. "I understand, please come in, master Cagli, master Dunkan, welcome to our home." Rita added with a smile whilst beckoning them inside. "We are very sorry for disturbing you at night Rita." Dunkan apologized as Rita waved him off. "No matter, Lael and any of his company are welcome here any time, but I know this isn't a social call, mom's been expecting you." Rita replied and Lael knew, Caimen had indeed been expecting them.