20.

A Dragon Against Chaos ~ Western Arc.

Fire came down on the ocean, threatening to burn all the water away but it wasn't aimed at the water, no it was aimed at a single being who stood on the water, a green bubble around him that took the brunt of the heat and remained intact. Lael watched as the dragon roared in rage before falling down toward him like a meteorite threatening to kill him in an instant, he was impressed but not that much.

He met Korval head on causing the air to compress and explode around them in the form of a ripping gale of wind. Lael didn't back down, he grabbed Korval's wing and turned it to stone, materialized a large hammer in his hand and smashed the wing clean off Korval. "No, how dare y—!" His roar of pain was cut off by the shoulder chop that came after throwing him into the water and crashing onto the sea floor. Lael appeared in the water, his body nolonger with legs but a large beautiful tail which allowed him greater movement.

He wove a net of mana, rather several and sent them up to cover a wide area, Korval seeing this he fled, pumping his legs to go fast and shoot out of the water but the moment he touched the green glowing mana net he was electrocuted with ten times the electricity found in lightning, Lael smirked swimming around the dragon then blasted him with aqua jets that tore off chunks of flesh. Korval knew any more time spent underwater would be fatal for him since the temperature was quickly plummeting to be below freezing and the mistress was toying with him.

So with one final roar, golden energy burst out of him, but that's not all, he had finally taken a full transformation, his wing was also healed so with one giant leap he was out of the water. "You won't win!" He yelled telepathically toward the mistress but Lael simply shot out of the water, his large strong tail disappearing with his legs appearing again, in the instant he faced the dragon almost the size of a small island it was smacking his whole body onto Dolciers island.

Lael arched his back feeling the raw pain that came with the hit, and it didn't stop there as Korval rained down fire on him, he allowed it to burn him, burn his insides to his core because this was chaos and the dragon was unleashing it.

When the fire stopped the sky turned green, a portal opened and from it shards of meteorites fell onto Korval, but that's not all from the mana net in the sea came threads that pulsed green and whipped at the dragon some of them tearing off flesh, with two heavy attacks Korval was growling in pain before he unleashed fire everywhere.

Lael watched in satisfaction as the dragon lost himself to rage and burned everything, that's exactly what he wanted, he wanted the chaos deep beneath those hard scales and he would draw it out.

Everything stilled, only the sounds of fires raging around Korval and Lael, the dragon flapped his wings recovering his strength whilst Lael smirked before shooting up toward the dragon, lunging at him with silent ferocity, Korval flexed his talons and moved to strike but he couldn't have known Lael coming at him was a diversion.

On contact, the illusion of the mistress vanished and in its place were several conjured large iron spears with spiked heads that were aimed directly for the dragon, a golden barrier encased Korval but it stood no chance against the green beam of dense light that hit it, shattering it to pieces and the spears that pierced his body right then, tearing his body apart.

In the air Lael waved his hand pulling out the spears that also tore flesh away, ripped apart wing membrane and left the dragon hissing in pain and in his frenzy finally Korval revealed his ace. "The great dragon finally appears." Lael chuckled deviously fascinated by Korval turning completely golden, now this was a true challenge because the dragon also shifted back to the form of a man with golden scales but all the features of his draconian power.