13.

Lael Mercia.

The forest seemed darker than usual, the almost silent hum of nature made his being pleasantly vibrate, it was the chaos that poured into him, he hadn't realized how much it had accumulated in the north for it to be so palpable, and only a singular cause, no one could create something like this, very few of his siblings and at times, they didn't even know.

"I thought you might like the feast." She was there, and Lael realized she knew what she had been doing, Delirium seemed mad in most of her endeavours but he knew better than to assume its true, she knew herself and her intentions without question. Her slender form slowly appeared from inbetween the trees, eyes swirling with different colours, it was amusing she would choose this form to appear in, after all she had many forms, but this particular one, Lael knew it too well.

"I didn't ask for it, and why are you stringing along the demon to a meeting of higher beings, he is unwelcome here." Lael hissed back, Kybern's rather large body also making itself present next to his sister. "He insisted the woods wouldn't be safe." Delirium replied with a huff coming from Kybern who was obviously angered at being regarded as nothing. "Mistress." He growled, his more demonic side showing its fangs, he wondered how deep Delirium had sunk her claws into him.

So Lael nodded with a slight smile. "The woods aren't safe because of him and his horde, they have made the entire north almost inhabitable because of fear, and a certain other kind of unhinged;" Before Lael could finish his sister was behind him already ready to strike but he snapped his fingers and blew her back in an explosion of green. "Always with the temper, have you forgotten who I am." Lael sneered in anger but did not turn to face Delirium.

"Oh I haven't forgotten older brother, rather you have forgotten who I am." She spat and opened her palms unleashing a beam of anti matter toward him, it did nothing to Lael, flames roared and cackled around him, their green glow illuminating the dark forest. "Arrogant bastard." Kybern growled stabbing a long sword into the ground, he followed by cutting his palm open and bleeding onto the ground. "It wasn't time yet, fool!" Delirium yelled in anger waving her hand.

The simple action from the sentient Delirium sent Kybern flying into several trees but the demonic spell he had activated had already taken root, a pentagram and a trigram appeared around Lael, he knew it was a demonic hold, strengthened by Delirium to hold him there, a prisoner. It reminded Lael of the time he had been kept as a prisoner, millennia ago before he became chaos incarnate.

"Sister, -sister." He whispered finally turning to face Delirium who had the look of triumph on her face. "Finally you will acknowledge me, finally you will see that I am just as strong, as Fate, Death, Destiny all our siblings." She claimed and Lael found it amusing, she was throwing a tantrum of this calibre for acknowledgement, then he would indulge her.

"When was your strength ever in question dear one?" He muttered his statement, aimed to make her believe she was in control, but Lael's power had already found the demon in the forest, it came to Kybern in the form of a rose vine and impaled him, touching his demonic essence with chaos, with already a portion of Delirium's power touching it already, the demon would wither away, plagued by his orchestrated illusions.

As for Delirium she faced her older brother, proud of her accomplishment yet. "You have always treated me differently, when there is strife, a threat to your domain or any of the other's you never call on me to help, you prefer your children or Death, even Desire gloated about being in your domain and helping you." She argued and Lael scoffed, his features becoming passive.