15.

Lael Mercia.

He did not need to be told, he felt it, felt the fluctuation in power and the overwhelming presssure of a new power emerging in his domain, Kolby had been the reason and whatever had possessed him to use such a high scale attack in a populated area meant he had no other choice, he knew Kolby, everything about him down to his molecular structure and there was nothing in the boy that was stupid, this was defense and fury.

He breathed in deep, standing in the middle of the small entertainment park, it was stuck between the East and South territories, a pain for both territory owners since it was hard to control any influx of people on either side and with the woods so close, bad things happened more often than not, Dunkan had seen to it that it was eradicated. "You can assess all the damage on another day my love, the boys are waiting for you, they're unsettled." Dunkan spoke up behind him, and Lael scoffed.

"My children are strong, they persevere and I know with you there, they will never feel like they alone." He replied, and it seemed to astonish the man behind him, who came forward and towered over him but was gentle and unwavering. "You will be their first thought, they will always love you but this isn't about your children, what's going on in that head of yours ray of the first dawn." Dunkan replied, caressing Lael's cheek lovingly and he leaned into him naturally.

"I thought by taking the most dangerous territory and making it my own, diminishing my reign over all the others would allow the mystics to thrive, without living on dependency, I am Chaos, Orris city as a whole is my domain, and yet I have allowed demons, dragons and I don't know what else to freely come in and do as they please, I've become ignorant of my function, I have allowed so many things to happen because I didn't care, I have felt my sister here or her ravens more than any other domain held by my siblings." Lael muttered, feeling sadness over everything that was happening.

"You thought it was best to make your presence known in a minimal way, it worked did it not." Dunkan argued but Lael wasn't convinced. "They are just boys, what if Kolby wasn't trained to handle them, what then, demons are inconsequential to the real threat he will have to face one day, this is my domain yet I feel out of control with the chaos that is spreading, yet it feeds me but you know I cannot allow innocent people to die, several humans here died because of this battle and I feel it could have been avoided." Lael sighed heavily.

Dunkan did not say anything, rather he tightened his hold over Lael and the two remained like that for a few minutes more. "Korval must either die or leave willingly, Kybern has been touched by madness, his death is all but certain after this, Orris city is my domain, it is time I act like it, I cannot dictate what the mystics of this city can and cannot do, but better people need to be put in places of power." Lael finally spoke again and a rumble of agreement came from Dunkan's chest.

"I will stand by your side the whole way." The Apex predator promised and Lael knew he meant those words with every fibre of his being, so he looked at Dunkan and leaned up, Dunkan also met him halfway and they kissed, it was blazing energy that came from the two, they did not stop their passionate kiss even when the sky rumbled, streetlamps burst one after the other due to the electrical surge and finally it rained.

"You have my heart." Dunkan whispered as they parted, the rain did not touch them but it swept away the blood around them, a green mist like energy rolled out from Lael's feet, it covered the entirety of the entertainment park and a little bit beyond, fixing the damage and also reversing time itself for those who were innocent and caught up in the fight that took place, you could hear the gasps all around them but Lael didn't care, nor did Dunkan, because they kissed again.