11

Chapter Eleven || TRYING

She was having her great time alone in her apartment, chilling. She's been stressed since the club day is next week already, and her friend is somehow been injured.

Plus the cafe, needs her. It started to go popular among the students, even from the other schools. She needed to find other place to renovate or make a branch of her own Cafe.

Deciding to take a rest for a day she just watch, some movies, laying on the couch with a lot of foods in the coffee table.

But it all ended when her phone ringed. Indicating that someone is calling. Picking up her phone before answering it without any hesitations.

But she didn't expect what she heard next.

–·–❤︎–·–

Running inside the hospital, she arrived at the room 542 where her father is laying unconscious.

Trying not to cry, she approached her mother who's looking at his dad silently, holding his hands.

"Mom." She called, now noticing that her mother is tearing up.

"Darling, Lia." Her mother stood up before hugging her. Making her also tear up.

"What happened?" She ask, looking at his dad who's sleeping. Which she wish he is just sleeping.

"He had a heart attack, at his office at the house, luckily I was there when it happened." She was shock hearing the news. Trying to understand everything.

"Heart attack? Why?" She ask now looking at her mother.

"He have a heart disease, which he doesn't want to tell you." She cried, realizing that her father is ill without her knowing.

"How long?" She whispered.

"Hmm?" Her mother asked her not hearing what she just asked.

"How long? Since when he is ill?" She now ask while sobbing. Her mother pulled her to sit on the couch inside the room.

"Two years ago. When he also had an attacked at his office, his secretary found him laying unconscious on the office floor, but thankfully he survived."

"And I just received a call from this hospital that day. I also run at this hospital, and met the doctor now talking to him. The doctor said that he is diagnosed with a heart disease, and he needs a proper treatment."

"Since then every weekend we come here to have his weekly checkup, and he was getting better, but not until now." Still crying she's trying to recover from all the things that she just heard.

"What did the doctor said?" She now ask, drying her endless tears.

"He's stressed, he needs to takes a rest." Her mother answered. Silence engulfed them.

Waiting for her father woke up. And ask everything she wanted to ask. And she just realized that she's wearing her casual clothes. She's panicking when she heard what her mother said, so she immediately run outside and hail a cab before arriving at the hospital.

"I called Soobin to come here." She heard he mother said making her eyes widen.

"Why would you call him? He must be resting." She said.

"I also called his family. He's a family friend, and your fiance so he needed to know." Her mom grabbed her hands, now pulling her head to lean on her shoulder. Humming a song for her to keep her calm.

"Mom." She called her mom, who just hummed in reply.

"Did dad, arranged me with Soobin because he wanted me to marry his friends son, or because he wanted me to marry someone he knows, when he still alive?" She ask making her mother stop.

But before she could answer the room door opened, welcoming Soobin's family.

"Claire." Soobin's mother come to her mother. They stood up and welcomed the three.

Soobin looked at her, worriedly. He immediately walk towards her before engulfing her in a hug.

She hugged back, feeling that she would cry again. He pull away before cupping her cheeks and smiling at her. Forgotten that their parents is there.

"You okay?" He ask her softly, she nodded in response before hugging him again, missing his warmth.

"Soobin, can you bring Lia somewhere for a second, me and your parents need to talk." They heard Lia mother said, he nodded before trying to break the hug but she stayed. Making them chuckle at her.

"Lia let's go?" He whispered ask, she immediately pull him outside still hugging him.

"Are you sure, you're okay? Do you want anything?" He ask her, walking outside the hospital, and now she's feeling cold.

"Oum." She hummed which he didn't believed, he took his coat off and put it on her shoulders, she was surprised at first, but once the warmth engulfed her, she feel a little better.

No one bothered to talk, enjoying the night scenery. She feel so stupid, a bad daughter.

Why?

She doesn't even know that her father is sick, and all she do is to keep her attention on the cafe.

Trying to hold back her tears, she stopped walking for a second, bowing her head, bitting her lips. And she's sure that she already bit her lips many time, when she taste blood.

Meanwhile Soobin. He only stopped with her, he doesn't know how to comfort someone, specially in these kind of things. So he just pull her into a hug again, and there she let those years down.

Feeling someone comforting her makes her wanna cry more. And that's what she did. They stayed like that for a minute or two.

Finally stopped crying. She broke the hug and sniff. Which she was surprised when something touched her cheeks. She looked up and saw how Soobin's face only an inch away from hers.

Wiping the tears on her face, there she felt it again. Those butterflies in here stomach. Somehow when their eyes met they feel the world around them stopped.

Staring intently at each other, and somehow his eyes fell into her lips, which she notice and accidentally bit her lip in shyness.

Soobin shut his eyes, somehow trying himself not to be tempted. And once he did he opened his eyes  and saw how the girl is staring away with red face. He chuckled before hugging her again, to engulf each other with warmth.

Her phoned ringed, indicating that someone is calling, and she answered it quickly.

"Hello mom?" She ask, making him realize that it's her mom who called, but what caught him of guard is when he saw how Lia got widen her eyes and run as fast as she can.

Thankfully he have long legs, he manage to catch up with her. He stopped her holding her arm.

"Lia, calm down okay? Calm down. Tell me what happened." Trying to calm her down, he could she worry on her eyes, as it glistening with tears.

"D-dad. H-he's conscious." She manage to say, making him widen his eyes before running with her.

To Be Continued...
~•Jacy•~

Free update before I go back.
Any thoughts💭?