14

Chapter Fourteen || LIKE

"What do you think, about inviting our friends together here at your cafe?" He ask before eating the bread he ordered.

They are currently at her café, since the class just ended and the club week is already next week.

"And?" She raised a brow waiting for him to continue.

"Don't worry for the bill, I'll pay for it." He added, before pinching her cheeks, making it shade of red.

"Yah! What do you think... Aishh." She pushed his hands away, being grumpy.

She can't help but to, get mind is full of other things. School, projects, Cafe, Dad and the engagement.

"What's with you being grumpy today?" He pouted before glancing at her face. Trying to act cute, thinking that it'll cool her down.

"Is it already the your red days?" He whispered to her. Making her to look at him with wide eyes.

"Of course not, I'm already finished last last week." She defended, "Why am I even explaining to you?" She ask her self before sighing loudly.

"Hey, it seems serious. What's wrong?" He ask once again, now putting down his bread. Looking serious.

Lia gulp, it's her first time seeing him this serious up close.

"Nothing. It's just that." She sigh before sipping on her ice tea. But Soobin get it and put it back on the table, away from her.

"Tell me." He said, now his full attention on her.

She couldn't help but to sigh for the nth time today.

"What do you think about the engagement? Should we just cut off the agreement?" She ask, making him taken aback by the question.

"What do you mean cut off? Did I do something that make you upset?" He ask nervously, thinking something that he did that maybe make her upset for some reason.

"There's nothing you did. It's just I'm having a second thought." She said, trying to get her drink but he stop her.

"Is it about your father?" He sincerely ask, now wondering on what did they talk about.

Lia didn't answer, but look away. Then there he knew that it has something connected to his soon to be father-in-law.

"We can cut it off, but let me ask you a question." He said, with a seriousness on his voice. She look at him, waiting for him to talk.

He held her hands, caressing it.

"Do you really want to cut it off? Is it really what you want?" He ask.

She knows what she really want, and she knows what to do. But she's having a second thought of what will happen.

Her father is at the hospital, because of his illness. And he wanted her to marry as soon as he is still alive. But she doesn't want to think that her dad will die anytime soon.

But considering her feelings. Of course she wanted to get married with someone she likes, or more like someone she loves. And that's him.

She look at him dearly that she doesn't want to treasure him, and that give him a slight hope.

"What about you?" She ask back still didn't answering his question.

But instead of asking her back, he answered her question, making her astounded.

"I'm fine with it being cut off. But as long as we continue our relationship."

She feel her heart will burst anytime.

'Why the hell would he said that?'

She look at him skeptically, finding some humor on him. But instead she see that he's serious on his words. He is staring at her like he is digging holes in her soul.

'I don't like that look.'

Looking away, she clear her voice and get her drink. This time he didn't stop her.

Sipping nervously, he didn't stop looking at her. She was wishing that someone will call her, to save her from the awkwardness that she feel right now.

And no one knows how thankful she was when her phone ring. But she was shock seeing who it was.

"You barely call, what now?" Trying to act normal, because she's still bothered with his stares.

"Just wow, is that how would you talk to an older?" The voice on the other line, shouted at her making her bring her phone away from her ear.

"It's not that, oppa. I know that you need something when you call." She said, obviously teasing the person she's talking to.

While Soobin is intrigued on the current phone call. He tap the girl shoulder before mouthing.

"Who's that?" Which is he is ignored. He seems to be irritated, to the fact that he heard she said oppa. Means that she's talking to a man.

"Oh, then you should buy chocolate and flowers." She said, making him furrowed his brows.

"I know, it's just I love chocolate and flowers." She casually said, making the boy listen to the conversation.

But to his disappointment, he couldn't hear the person.

"Of course it's for me even you gave it to her, it'll end up on me." She said.

He can't deny the fact that, he is jealous. Hearing the word chocolate and flowers will be given to her by other man makes him pissed.

He can't give up easily knowing that he has a rival. He clearly like her, and he knows it. Even before, he bump to her he got his attention. He obviously always go to the cafe before because of the owner, and his friends knows it.

He wanted to confess, since they also convince him even before. But then the engagement is done, he doesn't know how to confess to her, since it's a little awkward for him.

But then, he knows that he has nothing to lose. So why not try for it. Even his love for her is on stake.

"Jisu." He tried to catch her attention, but she clearly ignoring her because of what he said earlier.

He sigh, ' It's now or never.'

"I like you." He said dryly, afraid of her reaction.

She froze hearing what he said. She first though that it's not her, but then she look at him, to only see him looking at her dead serious.

"W-what d-di—" she's been cut by him. Completing his sentence.

"I like you, even before until now. So please put that phone down first and let's talk." She'll think that he's just joking around, but she feel his cold hands, means that he is nervous.

To Be Continued...
~•Jacy•~

💌

Few chapters till this book ends.