10. You're Here Now

Stefan's POV
I finally get the chance to get that feeling of waking up to my beautiful wife Caroline. As soon as my eyes open I see her beautiful face, she's even smiling in her sleep. I move her hair out of her face and put it behind her ear. Which makes her wake up.

"I'm sorry to wake you." I apologize and she smiles all pretty at me.

"That's ok, I was waking up anyways. So are you excited to be with Stefanie today?" Care asks me

"Yes, I'm so sorry about that too. Are you sure you're ok with me spending time with her first?" I ask her

"Yeah of course, you two have never actually met and I've known you longer than her. She just knew you as a spirit and her dreams. She deserves this and so do you. Plus it will also help Caleb too. I can tell he's always wanted to meet you to. He just wasn't as vocal about it as Stefanie was. She always asked questions about you." Caroline tells me and I smile.

"What would you tell her?" I ask her "How much of a great guy you are. That you're also a hero. She always admired the hero stories." Caroline informs me

"Well I am a cooler uncle than Jeremy." I credit myself "Very true, sorry Jer" Care says and I kiss her and she kisses me back.

"I missed this, I missed you." I tell her "I missed you more" Care kisses me and I feel at home.

We quickly get up and get dressed. I drop Caroline at work and pick up Stefanie and Caleb. When I get in Damon and Elena's house the kids quickly finish eating.

"Hey, woah woah, slow down you two. We're not in a rush." I tell them

"Yes we are, we need the whole day together and eating is a waste of time." Stefanie says and I smile.

"I gotta get to work. Have fun guys" Elena says in her doctor clothes, it makes me proud of her seeing her like this. Her dreams came true even when I wasn't around. Elena hugs everyone and quickly leaves.

"Hey brother, make sure these two don't get eaten alive." Damon jokes and I missed that too. "Promise I won't" I joke back and he smiles. The two are ready and we get in my car. Stefanie is beside me and Caleb is in the back.

"Really Stefanie?" Caleb wines and I laugh. "Sorry that I have vamp speed and you don't." She did use her vamp speed.

"That was kind of cheating." I mess with her and she looks shocked at me.

"Thank you uncle Stefan, see he gets it." Caleb tells her, ahhh siblings.

"So where do you guys want to go?" I ask them "The beach, look at the hot babes." As soon as he says that Stefanie and I give him a look. "What?"

"You have a girlfriend" Stefanie reminds him "What are you going to rat me out to her?" He asks her "Yes" She should though

"You pick the place uncle Stefan." Stefanie allows me "Ok, will do than" I agree and I start driving to Mystic Grill since it's quiet there. When I realize who are waitress is I realize it's Caleb's girlfriend, Lucy Reese. When she leaves our table I look at him.

"So that's your girlfriend?" I ask him "Yes she is" He says quite proudly and Stefanie and I look at each other and I look back at him.

"She's definitely pretty, how long?" I ask him "2 years, I asked her out. Stefanie who are you dating?" Caleb messes with her

"I don't need to be in a relationship. My like is already crazy enough, I don't need boyfriend drama." Stefanie tells him

"I respect that" I tell her and she smiles at me. "Caleb dating as a vampire is the hardest thing to do. Trust me, I know" I explain to him

"Well at least you and aunt Caroline made it work same with mom and dad. I just don't think it's in the cards for me." Stefanie explains

"Or maybe it's because of your scary personality. Guys tend to run away from it." Caleb messes with her and she kicks him in the ankle. "Owe!" She ignores him and I think I see Elena walking in here. That's weird, she's supposed to be at work. Wait, Katherine, she notices us and waves at me. The kids haven't noticed yet and I can't let them near her.

"I'll be right back" I tell them and start quietly walking towards her so they don't notice. When I get to her she smiles at me.

"Hello Stefan, aren't they your niece and nephew. They're adorable" I grab her by the wrist and back of the head and speed her to the bathroom with me.

"I thought I told you to leave them and us alone." I remind her

"But that's not as fun. Watch this" Katherine tells me and she pushes me against the corner of the stall which hurts my back and pushes me down. She runs out and next thing I know she has Stefanie with a knife around her left side. I quickly get up and try and grab her back.

"Don't you dare! Katherine if you hurt her I swear I will kill you. Wait, where's Caleb?" I ask her almost yelling.

"Taking a few z's, I'm focused on this very interesting vampire right now. Half human, you know in all my life and that is a long one, I have never heard of that. She really is special and different isn't she?" Katherine says and puts the knife closer to her side and I can hear Stefanie having trouble breathing and her heart beating faster.

I grab Katherine fast away from her but she cuts her anyways. I throw Katherine against the wall and speed to Stef as she's on the ground bleeding.

"I'm fine, she didn't get me that bad." Stefanie tells me

"Are you sure?" I ask her "Yes, I'm fine" She assures me "Go get out of here with Caleb. Now" I tell her fast and she does exactly that.

"That was low Katherine, even for you. Hurting someone who has done nothing to you and has nothing to do with you as well." I tell her in anger and she gets up and laughs.

"There's the Stefan I know I love. Protective and all and a hero." Katherine flirts with me but I grab her by the head and snap her so she passes out. When she does I run back to the house.

"Are you guys ok?" I ask them "We're fine, I was able to heal myself. Are you?" Stefanie asks me and that is such a relief.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm so sorry she ruined that." I apologize

"It's not your fault uncle Stefan. It's hers, can we kill her?" Caleb surprisingly asks me and Stefanie looks at him shocked too.

"Yes but not just yet. That is what she will be expecting. We have to wait until she is fooled. Katherine knows when she is being chased, she's good at running." I explain to them

I am not going to let her hurt them again. Than I would have failed as their uncle.