Prologue

The gulls were tossed like the paper in a storm, flashes of white in the grey, tumbling as they struggled against the gale. Beneath them, the sea rose as great mountains, anger in the form of water, turbulent and unforgiving. The lightning darted across the empty granite sky, stripping the air of its final breath. Bolts of rage blasted the inky void as every stroke of lightning threatened the oil ring.

Inside, however, it was much quieter. If you took a step out to the hallway, a sudden chill would sweep through your bones, you would see your breath, every exhale sent forth a created small cloud. It didn't feel cold, but the tiles of the metal walls would bring iciness to your soul.

At the end of one of the halls lit by unidentifiable green light, voices could be heard.

Familiar voices.

"Are you sure about this?" Jess looked around, searching for anyone who could be eavesdropping.

Mr. Sands sighed, "Certain,"

"You know what happened with Bonnibel Blair, no?" Sabine remarked, "None of us wants that situation to replay,"

The older man kept silent as he watched the Dark Core workers, Innovative Organic Machine Operators, bringing something incredible to life.

"Sir," An employee approached him, "Would you like to see how it works?"

Nodding, Mr. Sands took the controller handed to him.

"You turn it on with this red button," The worker pointed somewhere on the remote, "The blue one next to it does the opposite,"

Mr. Sands did as he was told. Soon enough, a sharp breath echoed through the room.

Darko, standing not too far, chuckled.

His boss stepped closer to the thing, still holding the controller in hand.

"Hello," Mr. Sands smiled, "How do you feel?"

The machine turned her head frantically from side to side, scared of her surroundings.

"Don't fear us. We won't hurt you," He bent over.

A few seconds of consideration later, Mr. Sands turned to the Dark Riders.

"She will do perfectly," He acknowledged.

"A few preparations left and we're off to the Druids,"