30th Millennium meets 2nd Millennium

A/N: Forgot to mention this in the first chapter but I have never seen a single episode of Gate so please have a light heart when reading this cause I all the knowledge I have, before watching Gate, are from Wattpad or Fanfiction.net stories.

On the open fields of Amarkun Hills stood a team of 5 Astartes, 3 of these men are from the Verbum Unum of the Cohors. Men who specialize in the use of words and the act of diplomacy, in truth these men rarely use their talents before but now it would seem that they are the most important part of the Cohors. The last 2 are men from the different Columns of the Cohors, those being the Tech-Marine and Apothecary Columns.

"Attention!"

The Verbum Dux of the team said as the Verbum Cohors walked in front of the team with a pair of Centurio behind him.

"Brothers. You have been chosen to be the team that shall meet with the JSDF, a second millennium army from Holy Terra itself. I trust that you shall be successful in your dealings with them but if, as our ancestors say, 'push comes to shove' the Centurio behind me shall defend you in your retreat."

"We shall not fail you, Dominus."

The leader of the team stated.

"I know you won't, Octavi. Though you should know that you shall be accompanied by an Ipsum-Videns."

"May I ask why, Dominus?"

"The Techtites have been very... 'ecstatic,' so to say, at the revelation of second millennium technology."

"I see. Where is the Ipsum, Dominus?"

"I am already here, Astartes."

Octavi then turned around and saw a 6'5 figure. This is Magister Ipsum-Videns Antonius Oreum, a revered Ipsum-Videns of the Techtites who is famous for cracking a Necron Tomb but his most famous work is the reverse-engineering of the Necron gauss flayers, though only being prototypes, these Imperial Flayers are capable of de-atomizing Ceramite at rates faster than normal flayers but are less powerful.

To say that Octavi was surprised is an understatement, he partook in the Techtite-Wyvern Educationem Progressio. A program where members of the Verbum Frater would be sent to one of the four Techtite Great Houses, it is there where they would be taught by the Techtites on the various technologies and sciences of the Universe, if a Verbum showed signs of talent in the sciences then he would be turned to a Tech-Marine.

Octavi partook in this program and learned of the many legendary figures of the Techtites, especially the founders of the four Great Houses.

"Si-Sir Oreum? Wha-What are you do-doing here?"

"I think you have an admirer, Antonius."

"Please. I am a mere Ipsum of the Techtites. Revere me if I were one of the founders of the Great Houses. Which I am not so please, talk to me like any other Ipsum."

"A-As you wish, Sir."

With Octavi's amazement dying down, the Verbum Cohors gave him an order.

"Now, Octavi, do Antonius a favor and present your team to him."

"Yes, Dominus!"

The team then formed up to face Antonius.

"Frater Dux Octavi Augi, at your service. Sir."

Then came the next member, this marine had a plasma pistol on his left holster while having a chainsword clipped to his right. He specialized in the aggressive form of diplomacy known as 'Gunboat Diplomacy' hence why he has so such weaponry on him.

"Verbum Tenaerys Orion. Sir."

Antonius: "Far more armed then your other brothers aren't you?"

"Well, Sir. That is the diplomacy I have been taught."