39

Luna Gracie WalkerChicago, Illinois4:08pm

Luna Gracie Walker
Chicago, Illinois
4:08pm

finding out i was pregnant is a very scary and exciting thing, but for me it was mostly scary. i went to get a ultrasound five months into my pregnancy. the gel was cold and the woman was moving it around on my belly.

my head was turned to face where it showed my baby inside my stomach and i smiled. it showed it moving around inside me and i felt happy and felt a connection between us already. thinking about a human growing inside me and having to push it out of me would be like hell, but i knew i would love it so much once it would be in my arms.

"why is my baby grey?" anthony asked. i chuckled a bit and the doctor stopped what she was doing.

"you're babies not grow it's just a ultrasound scan that makes it like that" the doctor said. once we were free to go.

i'm having a girl!

me and anthony threw a gender reveal party. i wish my mom was here. she always wanted to be a grandma but now she can't be here to see her own granddaughter once she's born. it's nobody's fault. it was just me, anthony, chrissy, and kayla. we didn't want to have a huge party just the people i stay in close contact with.

"congratulations, luna!" kayla hugged me and was so joyful. it was nice to see her exciting for the baby to arrive in a few months. she was going to an aunt after all.

"thank you so much kayla" i rubbed my hands on the sides of my stomach.

"have you thought of a name yet?" chrissy asked me coming up beside kayla.

"i was thinking of naming her after my mother, amanda"

"that's adorable" kayla clapped. "it's so sweet of you to make her after your mom" i smiled and hugged them both.

"hey guys i have to go. i'm so sorry honey i have to take care of some business but I'll be back tonight" he kissed my cheek and then my stomach. and left.

"wonder that that's all about" chrissy said. i'm sure everything is fine and it's nothing to worry about.

-
it was now almost midnight and i didn't hear a single word or text from anthony. i was starting to get worried and checked my phone to see if i missed any calls or texts from him. nothing. just then kayla cried me sobbing uncontrollably.

"he's dead! oh my god he's dead!" she cried.

"who's dead? who are you talking about!"

"anthony! it was on the news turn on your tv" she continued to sniffle and sob uncontrollably and it was a little hard to understand her. i flipped on the tv and saw on the news.

"20 year old anthony bryant was shot and killed just outside a local bar where two men on camera were seen running away from the dead body. they are now in custody as we speak as the police have identified them" the news lady said. my heart shattered. what was i going to do?

the love of my life is dead. first my mom then him. my baby now has to grow up without a father. i held my stomach with my hands and cried.

"this can't be real. it can't be"

and how he's gone...