Chapter one

Selene woke up feeling that today would be as monotonous as all the other days of her life, maybe she would hear a joke about her hair here or about her nose there, but nothing she wasn't used to. She got up and went straight to the bathroom to get ready for another morning of class. Her first period would be potions, her favorite subject, and she would share the class with the sixth years Ravenclaws, the ravenclaws were the students Selene liked to study the most, except for those of her own house, of course. Unfortunately, after potions it would be transfiguration with the Gryffindors, and the next class still with the gryffindors would be a surprise new class, which was kind of a partnership with Muggle studies.
Arriving at the transfiguration room, Selene looked for her best friend, Lily.
Lily was the only Gryffindor girl she could like, whenever they had the opportunity to be together in the room, they would take it, these moments were either full of peace or absolute chaos. Peace would reign if Lily could convince Potter to not act like an insufferable being, but if she couldn't, it all came down to the boy and his friends picking on both of them. Potter proposing to Lily and the other rascals getting in the way of Selene's concentration.
Today, amazingly enough, the class went by smoothly. When the new period started McGonagall was still in the room, and soon Olivia Watson, the teacher of the Muggle Studies, came in carrying a huge box that seemed to contain some vials with pre-prepared potions.
— Hello sixth years! As you already know, I am the Muggle studies Teacher, Professor Watson, —said the witch with a smile, —this year we will introduce a project that has been done by muggles for some years now.
— This is a very serious and important project and it is worth 30 percent of your grades in Transfigurations and Muggle studies. So I suggest you pay attention and follow the rules in order to be successful in this project! — announced Minerva.
— Just like Professor McGonagall said, this project is really important! You must be very curious to know what it is, right? Anyway, without further ado, the project is an improved version of how to care for a baby. It's a project that muggles use to show teenagers the consequences of having a child too young, how responsible you have to be in order to take care of another life! — said the witch, already hearing murmurs and curious faces.
— You will do this work in pairs randomly chosen by a spell that Professor McGonagall will perform, and then you will come here and take a vial and sit with your partner and follow the instructions I will now give you on how it will all happen.
The teacher explained that when the couple received their bottle, they would each put a strand of hair in the potion and pour it into a kind of baby basket, and there would appear their baby that they should take care of, the baby although not real, would do everything that a real baby does, such as crying, feeding, need a changeof nappies, etc. The duration of the project would be 12 weeks and each week the baby would grow the equivalent of one month of life, so at the end of the project they would see how their one year old child would develop. Everyone was in a mixture of excitement for knowing how their baby would look and fear for not knowing with whom they would have to take care of the baby with, and especially despair for how they would have to reconcile their studies and other activities with the babies.
Another thing that was also new and to  add reality was that the students would get new accommodations to stay with the babies.
— Well, let's see who is with who! — said Watson.
— Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadowes! — announced McGonagall.
— Sophie Avery and Thomas Wood. — said the witch again.
And so it went, name by name.
—Lily Evans and Sirius Black! — McGonagall announced, frowning, already guessing the outburst that would come.
— What? HOW? MY LILY SHOULD BE WITH ME! SIRIUS HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME? — shouted James.
—I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! I SWEAR! — shouted Black back.
Lily just watched in shock, while her best friend looked at her with pity in her eyes, but Selene was laughing inside at James's desperation at the same time.
— Misters Black and Potter, please calm down! Or I'll be forced to give you both detention! — said McGonagall seriously.
The two marauders begrudgingly quieted down.
— I think I'd better go on from here, Minerva! — said Watson. — James Potter and Peter Pettigrew. Boys! Please, just take the vial and sit down! We've had enough scandal for one day!
The more names came out, the more nervous Selene became. Now that left her, Lupin, Jeremy Johnson, and Amelia Yaxley. Selene didn't know who could be worse, Johnson who seemed to have nothing on his mind, Amelia who despite being from her house despised her or Lupin.
— Now, the last two pairs! — announced Professor Watson. — Amelia Yaxley and Jeremy Johnson! Which leaves us with Remus Lupin and Selene Snape with the last vial!
Selene felt her spine freeze, her face turned whiter than it already was, and her legs trembled with each step she took to pick up the vial and sit down beside Lupin. He felt like he was going to faint at any moment, the room was so quiet that if a needle fell it would make a thud. Lupin appeared calm, but his pale face and trembling hands indicated that he was as nervous as she was.
— Now that you're all with your partners you can take your hair and put it in the potion and pour it into the basket, and as soon as your baby appears you can get the key to the dormitory from Professor McGonagall! — said Watson excitedly.
Sitting next to Lupin, Selene took a strand of her long, straight, dark hair, put it in the bottle, and waited for the light-haired boy to do the same. Lupin followed her example and put a strand of his hair in the vial.
— What do you think it will be? — asked the nervous boy, still not looking at the girl.
— Let's find out now. Look! — Selene said, pointing to the basket that was filled with smoke and pink and blue lights. — Oh? Oh, my God! — whispered the girl.
— It's a boy! — said Lupin in a low voice, watching the little baby sleeping in the basket.
The baby had a few black strands of hair sticking out of his blue cap, and he wore a simple white robe, and he had long eyelashes like Selene's, and his lips were heart-shaped like hers too. But his little nose was Remus' and something in him said that his eyes would be green just like his. Selene couldn't describe what she felt seeing the little being that rested in the basket, she felt her heart beating strong and felt her eyes want to fill with tears and her lips formed a small smile against her will, that little boy was so beautiful, he looked like an angel, she couldn't believe it was a combination of her and the boy that she didn't even speak. Remus shared similar feelings with her, he was delighted to see the baby, even the wolf that lived in his head seemed interested and somewhat fascinated with the little boy. He felt he wanted to protect the little one, even though he knew he wasn't really his baby, his instincts told him he should take care of him, protect him, love him.