Chapter five

Today began the fourth week that Remus and Selene had Nikolas in their lives. They were already more confident in their abilities in caring for the baby. However, they knew that with the arrival of the fourth month, it meant that the baby would begin a new phase, where baby food would begin to be introduced to the baby's diet, and soon he would begin to be able to sit up on his own, now he would need support, but not next week the baby would also begin to want to pick up small objects, so both of the young couple found themselves removing any small objects that might be dangerous to the curious baby.

And it wasn't just Nikolas that was evolving as the days went by, Remus' relationship with Selene was also much better. The two talked more about things other than the baby and some of the classes they shared. The youngsters were beginning to see each other with new eyes. Even more so now that the Marauders no longer played tricks on Selene, or made mean comments in front of her, even though sometimes the boys still let unnecessary comments slip behind the girl's back.

Selene began to think of Remus as a potential new friend, and to admit to herself that the boy was indeed kind, intelligent, and even handsome. Not that our dear Selene was going to admit that out loud.

Remus was also seeing in a new light now, a light that made him think of the girl almost constantly. Remus had no problem thinking of the girl as a friend, he even confirmed it when others asked about the two of them, but deep in his head, in the same place where he hid Moony, the boy let himself think about Selene, as a potential mate, the boy felt shy to think of her like that, he even thought it was wrong, but he couldn't help it. Remus knew he was in love, but he preferred to ignore it for everyone's sake.

The boy was nervous whenever he was near the beautiful girl with hair that was black like the night, he was afraid that it would show that he felt more than friendship for her. However, he couldn't help but always seek out her company whenever possible. Remus knew that the project was making him fantasize too much about what he would like his future to be like. Realistically, he knew that due to his condition it would be difficult to maintain a relationship without revealing his lycanthropy, which could lead to a breakup, so there would be broken hearts, Lupin really didn't want that.

Not to mention that even if the person accepted his condition and acted as if everything was fine, he was aware that it would be very difficult to give a good life to the person he stayed with, not to mention that if they actually decided to have a child, it would tighten the situation more and the child could inherit his lycanthropy. Although nobody really knows if it is something hereditary or not, he would rather not risk it.

So the boy would enjoy this moment of make-believe, but he would never allow himself to be too indulgent, lest he get hurt later.

Remus was also aware that Selene would probably not choose him not only because he was a werewolf, but more because they didn't have a good start, although he was never active in teasing, he didn't take sides or try to stop his friends' actions. Something that to this day he feels bad for not interfering sooner.

The young man, deciding to cut his line of thought about his no chance with Selene, decides to check the girl and their baby were probably walking around the quidditch field with Lily. It was a recurring thing that the two had been doing, taking advantage of the weather before it got too cold to go out with the little ones.

  Arriving at the quidditch field, Remus spotted Selene talking to Lily. The girls had the babies wrapped in a sling so that they could carry them more easily. 

  Selene soon saw Remus and waved to him, seemed to say goodbye to her friend, and walked towards the boy with the sand-colored hair.

" Hi, Remus! How was your morning?" asked the black-eyed girl. " I almost didn't see you today."

" I had a quiet morning. How about you guys?" asked the boy, smiling.

" We had an almost peaceful morning too. But unfortunately, someone managed to cause a small explosion with a spell, which scared a few little people."

" I'm glad nothing serious happened apart from that!" said the boy, relieved. "I was thinking, that we could do some activities with Niko, since we have the afternoon off today. We could take advantage of it and do some souvenir photos!" he said, smiling.

" I think that's a good idea! Besides helping Nikolas, we can remember our progress with him!"

 So the young couple spent the afternoon playing with the little boy, stimulating him and remembering his actions and cuteness, so that later they would have memories of these beautiful moments.