chapter six

The fifth week of the project brought bigger babies and more accustomed and stabilised mums and dads.

  By far Remus and Selene were the most dedicated family. The teachers knew they were both very responsible students, yet never imagined they could do so well. Their baby was by far the most developed and healthy in the project.

  Nikolas was a very charismatic and calm baby, who always smiled when he was in Remus' lap or when he saw Selene creating coloured soap bubbles around him.

The baby was also very social, which surprised both Selene and Remus, as they were not exactly the most sociable of beings. Nikolas loved playing with Harry and Rose, even enjoyed interacting with other students and teachers.

  Selene felt happy and relieved that the baby was developing so well and was so sociable, the girl never imagined that anything that came from her could be this perfect. Remus shared the same feelings, the boy just bursting with pride at his baby boy. He knew the baby wasn't real, but he had never been so happy to know that if he ever had a real child, he would be able to raise a healthy and happy child, that is if he could get someone who could complete the other part of the family as well as Selene.

  Remus decided to stop trying to lie to himself about his feelings, he was in love with Selene Snape and this was it. He didn't want to run from it anymore, he didn't want to lie to himself anymore, the boy wouldn't admit it out loud or to his friends let alone confess it to Selene, but when he was alone he would admit it to himself. Remus caught himself constantly talking to Niko about the slytherin girl for the past three days. He spent his hours alone with the baby talking to him about his feelings, because it's not like the little boy was going to tell anyone or judge him, after all he was only five months old and had no idea what he was talking about, to the baby with the night coloured hair and chubby cheeks all that mattered was that his father was paying attention to him.

  Niko wasn't just Remus' listener, after all Selene was also adept at talking to the baby, lately the girl didn't talk just to be able to stimulate the baby, she started talking to the little one as a way to vent her feelings that seemed to be more confused than ever.

  Selene was beginning to realize that she might, possibly beginning to think of Lupin in a different way. It was a natural thing to think of him differently because of the project and the changes it brought, thinking of him with me a friend was natural, it was even a good thing because she never had many friends besides Lily, Regulus and Lucius. But, she wasn't thinking about Lupin like that anymore, since the last week, Lupin had become Remus.

Remus, the gryffindor boy who was kind and reserved, but always had a smile around his friends, always supporting those who needed it. Remus who always did his best to take care of Nikolas, who always tried not to wake her up at night while taking care of the baby. Remus, who had discovered how she took her tea and always left a cup for her in the morning before they left for their classes. Remus who always made her comfortable, who made her smile and asked about her day and made her feel like a special someone. Remus, who had the most beautiful green eyes she had ever seen and the most perfect laugh she had ever heard.

Selene felt good around Remus, she felt like she could be herself, just like she was with Lily or Regulus, but simultaneously she didn't feel like she could confess that to her friends, she was afraid of what they would say about being thinking about the boy who although he had never participated in the pranks his friends practiced on her, he had never tried to stop them either, that was something he had only recently stopped. The slytherin didn't feel confident about being able to confess her feelings to Remus either, she was too afraid to admit she was starting to like the marauder and receive scorn and dislike from the boy. So she would settle for what she had, Remus' friendship and her make-believe she liked to imagine when they acted like a family.

  Because she never had a good family life, Selene constantly imagined herself in the future as she lived now, she imagined that after a long day preparing potions she would return to her happy and perfect little family, to be able to eat with her kind husband and play with her giggling little moon.

  These were great dreams and fantasies, little did she know that she wasn't the only one sharing those same dreams and feelings.