Chapter eleven

Remus felt his hands turn cold and start to sweat, his heart was beating a thousand an hour. It was now or never. He needed to make his feelings seen and understood.

" Selene, I have something I need to tell you." taking a deep breath looking into Selene's eyes, he finally let go of his feelings. " I like you! And not just as a friend, I really like you. I like being with you, I like hearing your voice, I like hearing you sing and complain about my friends, I like how you're always hardworking, I like your laugh, I like how kind you are and how good of friend you are, I like everything about you!"

" Is that serious? Remus, please don't joke about something like that, I need you to tell me, that this is serious. That it's not a horrible joke, that I'm not having hallucinations. Please don't break my heart and trust that I have in you. " Said the girl with trembling voice and eyes shining with trapped tears.

" Please don't cry! I mean it! I have never been so sincere in all my life. I like you! A lot! I dream about you, think about you for hours, thoughts of what it would be like to be with you, to have you in my arms, to kiss you.... Selene, I would never lie about something like this, tell me what I should do to prove to you that my feelings are true?" said Remus seriously.

" I just need you not to hurt my heart. I am trusting you Remus, because I like you. And not just as a friend too, I like you just like you say you like me!" says the slytherin with a red face. " If you want to try, I want too. " I said shyly.

" Yes! I want to, very much. Nothing would make me happier!" said Remus looking at Selene with a huge smile. " Selene, is it okay if I kiss you?" he asked approaching her.

" Yes. I mean, no! I mean I want to, but I'll probably be the worst kiss of your life, I've never kissed anyone." spoke Selene embarrassed.

" It's okay, we don't have to hurry it. I'm not the most experienced person at this either, but we can learn more about each other together. I don't want you to feel pressured to do something!"

"I want to kiss you, a lot to be honest. But, I don't know what to do." the girl admitted. " If you don't mind teaching me what to do, I want to kiss you too, Remus."

Remus just leaned towards Selene's face, watching the girl close her eyes, waiting for what would come next, the boy smiled and brushed his lips against Selene's, it was a quick kiss, chaste and without much emotion for those looking from the outside. But, it was enough to accelerate the heart of both, and feel the softness of each other's lips, leaving a taste of "I want more".

" That was the best kiss of my life! I can't wait for the next best kisses to come. We don't have to run, we have time since we're dating now. We are dating, right?" the boy asked feeling shy and nervous out of nowhere.

"Yes, Remus. We're dating." said the girl laughing. " Thank you Remus. That was the best first kiss I could ever get!"

As Selene leaned in to kiss Remus again, they heard two voices celebrating coming from the library door. Turning towards the door, it was possible to see Lily and James laughing and celebrating the union of the two.

" I can't believe they were spying on us!" said Selene.

" I thought the gossips were Peter and Sirius. But, James you outdid them both on this one." said Remus laughing.

" Hey! I needed to witness this historic moment! The only witnesses you would have, would be books and a sleeping baby!" said the marauder defending himself.

" My friend is dating! You grew up so fast. Seems like just yesterday you were planning how to cure all the diseases in the world and now you're here, dating and living a domestic home life!" said Lily wiping invisible tears from her face.

Laughing the four young friends, accompanied by a sleeping baby, walked out of the library towards their respective lodgings as they chatted and joked about Hogwarts' newest couple.

When Selene and Remus arrived at their flat, they both decided to cook something together while letting Niko get some more sleep. When everything was ready, Niko woke up as if he knew everything was ready. In the middle of dinner Sirius and Peter appeared to congratulate Moony and before they left Sirius, because he was, well Sirius, said.

''Sleep well Moony, but not too well, so that next year you won't be graduating with a copy of Niko in your arms." Joked the naughty boy, receiving a slap and a growl from Remus.

Finally, it was time for bed and the young couple from hearing Sirius' words just said "goodnight!", and went to sleep with red faces just thinking about what the future would hold for them.