Chapter nine

The seventh week had finally arrived and with it came the anxiety, irritation and fear that the approaching full moon brought to Remus.

Remus would be spending his second full moon after being together with Selene and Nikolas. He wasn't too sure what was going to happen now that he had already admitted his feelings for the slytherin, he just hoped it wouldn't be any harder than it usually already was.

Remus would have to lie to Selene again, because that was the only way he could spend the night away. All he didn't want to do was that, lie and stay away from her and their cub. Just thinking about it he could already hear Moony growling in disagreement in his head.

That night would be one of Selene's nights staying with Niko, she would be sleeping over at Lily's flat.

The marauders planned days before pretending they needed to do a job together that would take the night and all and suggested the girls have a slumber party, with Harry as a special guest so he wouldn't feel left out. The girls agree, saying they would stay with Harry anyway, after all he was a good boy in their presence.

With everything arranged for the night to come, Remus felt comforted to know that everything was going well, even though he was hiding something important from the girl he likes. He was fully aware that sooner or later he would have to tell her about being a werewolf.

Part of Remus liked to think that Selene would take it well after they talked about it and how she could deal with that fact. He liked to imagine that when this part was out of the way they could date and graduate together, live together while working on something they love thoroughly, Selene would definitely have a masters in potions and Remus would like to specialize in Defence against the Dark Arts, after stable they would get married and buy a bigger house and then they could try to have a family like they have now, maybe even a little bigger.

It's a dream. It's actually what Remus dreamt of most lately, but he also had times where this dream was ruined by Selene finding out about it in the worst way, he dreamt that he hurt her unintentionally, he saw himself in wolf form taking Selene's life and always woke up with a racing heart, cold sweat, throat full of knots and watering eyes.
Remus knew Moony wouldn't do that to Selene by the way he behaves around her, but what if one day something like that happens? What if she finds out and just doesn't wish to be with Remus? The Griffinian would have preferred it if he had never fallen in love, it was all simpler.

But unfortunately he was completely in love with the young woman with hair as black as a raven's wings, snow-white skin and beautiful pink heart-shaped lips.

Remus felt his cheeks heat up at the thought of Selene's mouth. He wished he could kiss her, wished he could hold her in his arms and smell her every time. To know what her kiss would be like, her taste. Would it be a shy and clumsy kiss, with a mint taste? Would it be a calm and sweet kiss? With a taste of chocolate? Or perhaps, a hungry and brusque and hot kiss?

Remus shook his head to clear his thoughts of the possible kisses he could have with Selene, pushing away the heat that was beginning to course through his body, racing his heart and wanting to get his blood pumping in all directions. The moon had that effect on him, but when he thought about Selene it seemed that his control over the direction of his thoughts and bodily reactions grew weaker.

Soon the full moon rose in the sky and Moony would take its place leaving Selene as the last thing Remus remembered of the night.

Selene was watching the night through Lily's window. Her best friend and the babies that had spent the night were asleep now.

But after having to deal with three babies while trying to do a makeover it wasn't easy at all.  The gryffindor made sure to take this opportunity to take care of her skin, nails, and hair with her friend, not to mention putting on the slytherin's make-up and making her promise that she wanted to be able to do her make-up the next morning to show off her masterpiece.