Curiosity Killed the Cat and Satisfaction Did NOT Bring It Back

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting this chapter - between having writer's block, traveling, and the holidays, I've been swamped. Wishing everyone happy holidays!

Please feel free to post suggestions, ideas, or critiques!

Enjoy!

Chapter Text

(Y/N) POV: Monday

After a silent ride back from the restaurant, the rest of our night is mild and comfortable. Somewhere between 11 and 12, we all crash on the giant U-shaped couch, watching Shawshank Redemption. The next morning, I wake up at 6:30 and deftly make my way through their house, gathering everything I need for my morning routine. Heading up the stairs, I go to Izzy's bathroom and lean heavily on her vanity, staring at the bags under my eyes.

Damn, and they're not even designer. These puppies were some raggedy-ass-looking bags.

Heaving a deep breath, I muster all the energy I have - which is not much - and force myself through my morning routine. I would firmly place myself in the 'not a morning person' category. I much prefer the night, especially late at night when the world falls silent and it's just me and my limitless dreams. There are no expectations on me to do any work, speak with anyone, or do anything that I don't want to. It's just me and whatever I want to do - and be.

I'm also not a huge fan of the sun, which in Gotham rarely makes an appearance, thankfully. Thinking of the sun, I remind myself to put on my favorite Supergoop sunscreen with SPF 40 before heading out. Even though it isn't frequently sunny, the UV rays still penetrate through the clouds, damaging our skin. I'm not really one to throw money down the toilet when it comes to clothes, makeup, or accessories, but I have no quarrels with spending it on high-quality skincare products. I'm not talking about Dior anti-aging serum or La Mer products; I'm talking about products with clean, basic ingredients that don't have a laundry list of unnecessary additives. I love brands like Drunk Elephant, Bioscience, and Krave because of their transparency and philosophy of only adding the ingredients we need and nothing more.

That's enough of my soapbox preaching.

Quickly doing my makeup, I go through the steps of putting on mascara and brow gel, mumbling to myself like I'm in one of the Vogue 'get ready with me' videos. Thankfully, getting dressed requires no rubbing of the brain cells bec-

Sniffing aggressively, my eyes widen at the sudden realization.

Bacon. I smell bacon.

Reinvigorated, I finish getting ready with a new spring in my step and make my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mrs. De Luca. Is that bacon I smell?" I say, giving her my best Bambi eyes. Chuckling, she nods, returning my greeting, and fixes a plate of bacon, lightly scrambled eggs, and buttered toast. Mouth salivating, I hastily grab the Cholula hot sauce and start vigorously hitting the bottom of it over my eggs. I like a little spice, but I am by no means Sean Evans, from Hot One's, downing ghost pepper chicken wings like a champ.

Luckily, with nobody else around, I inhale my breakfast like a fiend, which earns me another chuckle from their mother as I put my plate in their dishwasher shortly after I'm done. I've known the De Lucas for years, and since day one, I've practically lived here. I spend time with their family so frequently that they've started calling me the 3rd De Luca daughter, which I not so secretly adore.

With less than 30 minutes to get to school before the bell rings, I give Mama Luca a quick goodbye kiss and start my trek to school. They also live in the Diamond District, but farther from school than I do, so it takes me approximately 20–25 minutes of walking to get there. Walking in Gotham isn't usually the best idea, but with it being morning rush hour, there are always several people on the street walking with me, giving us power in numbers.