New Experiences For All

Hi guys,

Strap in folks this is a looong chapter. I hope you've liked everything you've read so far. I have been waiting to finally get to this point and I'm so excited for you all to read it. Thank you all to those who participated in my little experiment at the end notes of the last chapter ;) I'm thinking about doing that again <3

Ps. ! There are some spicy scenes so please read at your own discretion !
Enjoy <3

Chapter 19: Damian's POV: Saturday, 5 p.m. onward

As he steams his black dress shirt for tonight's event, Damian grinds his molars as he thinks about how he'd prefer to writhe in pain from his fingernails being pulled off than have another geriatric woman with saggy earlobes tell him how dapper he looks. His father insisted they would all be required to attend to maintain their ironclad unified front.

Standing in his walk-in closet that boasts row upon row of top-of-the-line garments, an island with a cushioned bench attached, and an entire vanity with the appropriate accouterments needed for any woman to get ready. Exhaling through his nose, he diligently steams out any and all wrinkles in each article of clothing that will be metaphorically suffocating him tonight.

With only an hour left until they were expected to begin greeting the falsely altruistic guests to raise awareness and money for liver cancer research, he marches to the ensuite bathroom to begin his quotidian skin routine. Just because he is a man does not mean that he should not have a dedicated facial care routine to be diligent with.

He basks in the cool breeze coming from the open window behind him as his racing thoughts dissipate and his body goes into autopilot. After applying the necessary anti-aging serums and creams, he takes care to comb and lightly gel his hair into a pristine style. Opening the antique medicine cabinet, he finds the cologne he's looking for and dabs it on his wrists. He generally does not bother with aromatics, but tonight is different, and he is hoping she will notice and enjoy the fragrance.

Reentering his room, he witnesses Pennyworth placing a tray of tea on the table near the door.

"I have taken the liberty of preparing your favorite blend with the inclusion of lemon and brown sugar, Master Damian," Pennyworth mentions while turning to face him. "Even in a china cup you so tenderly have an affinity for," he teasingly adds. Narrowing his eyes, he replies, "Thank you for the consideration, Pennyworth; that will be all."

When the older gentleman promptly exits the room soundlessly, he grabs the saucer and brings it with him into the closet. Taking a small sip, he inhales the lovely aroma of what is indeed his favorite blend before gently placing it on the island. Quickly and efficiently, he gets dressed, ensuring there are no wrinkles or visible inconsistencies.

Once satisfied with his outward appearance, he exits the closet, fine china forgotten, and makes his way to his father's office, where they had agreed upon convening. As per usual, he is the first one, other than his father, who is currently seated behind his desk, studiously reading something on the computer screen.

"Father," he says as a way of greeting. "Is there anything of interest you are reading?"

He moves to lean against the arm of the couch, facing the desk.

"I've obtained the name of the photographer who illegally took and distributed the photo of (Y/N)." At his confession, Damian's pulse jumps as he growls at the memory of that day. He catches his father's attention when he gruffly asks for more information on the matter, to which he simply raises his eyebrows in response.