The Worst Hump Day Ever.

Hi guys,

I'm back with another chapter, and man is this one something else. Fair warning: there is a lot of violence and harsh language so please read at your discretion. This chapter was difficult to write, and it is intended to be difficult to read as well. I sincerely apologize in advance if this is disturbing to anyone-below I will include the phone number for the domestic abuse hotline. Just know that there are resources and people happy to speak with you if you are or you know someone who has or is currently suffering from domestic abuse.

Once again, thank you all for your support and, as always, please feel free to comment with questions or concerns.

Enjoy <3

Chapter 13: 5 PM onward

(Y/N) POV:

At the sound of his enraged voice, my heart sinks deep into my stomach as my muscles reflexively tense. Wordlessly, I turn around slowly, keeping my eyes lowered as I walk toward his office, dread accumulating with every step I take. When I reach him, I dare to glance up and find myself looking into the bottomless, glittering glacial pits of deadly calm.

I really did it now.

Scurrying past him, he deeply inhales before baring his teeth in a sneer as his scathing gaze follows me while I move to stand in front of his desk. A heavy silence fills the room, only broken by the sound of the heavy, old door groaning shut. My hands begin trembling at the sound of a light click, indicating the door has been locked.

With slow, deliberately controlled steps, he comes to stand in front of me with his head held low, shaking slightly as he leans against the front of his desk. Speechlessly, he crosses his arms over his chest and continues to have a silent conversation with himself, one entertaining enough to make him deeply chuckle.

We stay like this for a few minutes. With every second that goes by, the sound of my heart pounding in my ears becomes more and more deafening, until all I can hear is high-pitched ringing. Sucking his teeth, he shakes his head again, smiling, before abruptly pushing off his desk - making me recoil involuntarily.

Laughing at my reaction, he goes around behind his desk and pulls out a familiar crystal tumbler and decanter, setting them heavily on his leather-topped desk. His hands shake as he pulls out the stopper and pours himself a hefty drink. I am all too familiar with the cloying scent of the heady amber liquid, so I begin mentally preparing myself for the worst.

Not bothering to put any ice in his drink, he flutters his eyes closed as he tilts his head back and downs it in three swallows. His eyes snap open as he hisses a breath through his teeth at the lukewarm whiskey burning down his esophagus. Inhaling deeply, I feel my gag reflex kick in as the cacophony of scents assails my nose, forcing me to breathe through my mouth.

Despite the offensive odors, his office is pristine—not a speck of dusk in the air or a single piece of paper out of place. The black lacquered desk boasts no scuffs nor fingerprints, just like his couches remain lint- and dust-free. Everything in this room was so perfectly curated to be tidy and sharp, giving a false sense of satisfying organization. But I know what it really means.

Control.

Everything and everyone is within Bran's control, including... no - especially me.

"Do you enjoy humiliating me?" Bran finally asks facetiously, extending the pronunciation of 'enjoy'.

"No sir," I whisper back, not trusting my voice to remain steady at regular volume.