They say Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - I Say Difficult Difficult Lemon Difficult

Hi guys,

I'm back! I'm so sorry for taking so long to post. Sadly I had a senior thesis class to take which took up all my time and I didn't want to produce half-assed work. But now I'm all done and can return my focus back to writing. I hope you enjoy this chapter as I get back into the groove of writing.

Disclaimer: There is mention of sexual harassment.

Feel free to comment with any questions or concerns!

Enjoy! <3

Edit: I totally forgot to add the Titus scene to this chapter. I'm so sorry to rob you, my dear readers, of the wonders of a dog interaction. I have amended my mistake. Please forgive me.

Chapter Text

(Y/N) POV:

Still resting my hand in Damian's, I continue to hungrily survey my surroundings as wonder and excitement creep into my chest. I can hear his light chuckle as I swing my head around taking in the grandeur and ancient beauty of the estate. Letting go of his hand I take a step forward and quickly do a 360-degree turn in place as I feel an odd sense of comfort settle upon me.

Looking back at Damian, I smile wider as I register a small smile tugging on his lips and a wicked sparkle in those emerald depths. Huffing with a small grin I shake my head disbelievingly, " I can't believe you actually live here. The sheer history of each stone that built this place is unfathomable."

Turning back to face the front door, I steal a glance back at Damian to see that he's moved to stand just behind me. Raising an eyebrow at him, I say, "How'd you move so silent against these stones?"

Looking smug he tilts his head down closer to my ear and says in his husky voice, "Was it not you who called me the mighty mysterious one?" The combination of his breath at my ear and his nearness sends a pleasant shiver down my spine. Turning my head to peek at him from my periphery, I give him a smile before looking back at the entrance.

The daunting double doors stare back at me as I take the first step up the many wide short ones. Damian, sensing my silent trepidation, interlocks our fingers and moves beside me, giving me a reassuring squeeze when we reach the top.

Alfred, who must have snuck past us while I was having a seizure taking in the manor, opens the front door and ushers us in. "Welcome to the Wayne manor miss (L/N)." Stepping inside, I crane my neck upward as I take in the double-entry foyer and the half-a-ton chandelier hanging from an impossibly thin chain.

Silently, Damian stands beside me, now resting his hand on the small of my back, drinking in any and all of my reactions. My eyes once again rapidly peruse my surroundings as I take in the elegant woodwork and dark Venetian plaster walls. The dark, wide-paneled, herringbone floors are tastefully accented by luxuriously intricate Persian area rugs. Even through my shoes, I can feel how soft they are.

Being so distracted by the rugs, I am startled when Mr.Wayne calls out my name in a greeting, making me jump a little bit, which Damian finds immensely humorous.

"My apologies for startling you (Y/N), I am glad to have you in my home, although not under these circumstances," he states the last part with a small frown tugging on his lips. Eyes widening, I look toward Damian questioningly, but before I can ask him, he explains, "I texted my father about the situation before we left school." The soft look in his eyes and the gentle tone of his voice nixes whatever frustration and anger rise within me.

Looking back at his father, I give him a small smile before looking down as I remember the embarrassment and shame I felt earlier today. Still standing in front of me, Damian's father, steps aside and gestures up the stairs while saying, "Please join me in my office so we can discuss this further and find an agreeable solution."