Smoking on the Job

Hello! I'm back! 🥺😃 This is the first chapter of the sequel: Plots and Playtime! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

Just outside Willy's Wonderland at night, a couple of months later, present time ...

It was nighttime in Hayesville and the surrounding area. The moon was half-hidden by clouds, the air was warm; perfect for parties and dining out! But for one guy, outside the Willy's Wonderland restaurant's staff entrance; things were less pleasant.

"Oh, come on!" A scruffy-looking, middle-aged man yelled. He had dark brown hair, moustache, and beard.

The guy also wore a light blue plaid shirt and dark blue-grey trousers. He was presently pounding on the small door as hard as he could with one fist, a partially-burnt joint held in the other.

"I didn't think that anyone would mind if I lit up one little joint!" the brown-haired man cried. He had been in a small party inside the restaurant tonight; invited since the man was a friend of the family having the party.

Since the brown-haired guy was having such a great time, he'd snuck an unlit joint and his lighter out of his pocket and tried to light it. Unfortunately, the 'rather snobbish' owner (in this guy's mind) of the place: Tex Macadoo had spotted him doing it!

Honestly, what harm was one little joint going to do? Not listening to any pleading from the idiotic man, the very miffed Tex had grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the front doors.

The businessman had then thrown the whining drug addict out, and locked the doors. The upset, brown-haired man had first nearly battered himself senseless on the front door, trying to plead with Tex to let him back in.

After a while, he'd remembered that there was another entrance to the building: on the left. The guy had then pulled himself together and walked around to the apparent staff entrance on the left side of the building. To his horror, he found that that was locked too!

"It's medicinal! Honest!" he tried to excuse his mistake, attempting to sound 'innocent'. The guy knew though that his excuses sounded incredibly lame; even for lame excuses! Also, he was still a bit high from earlier!

The brown-haired man finally stopped pounding the door as he realised that no one was paying attention to him. The guy sighed, putting a hand in one of his trouser pockets.

"How the hell am I going to explain this to my old lady?" he muttered to himself, rummaging through the pocket. She's going to blow a gasket if she finds out that I was thrown out of my old mate's party for a joint! Again!

Finally, the brown-haired guy pulled out his lighter from his pocket. He quickly relit the joint he held, and put the lighter back into his pocket.

The man then heard distant, muffled, thudding sounds ... that seemed to be coming towards him? He frowned a little. Footsteps?

Can't be ... they sound too big ...

The brown-haired guy got the shock of his life as a huge, furry orange clawed paw suddenly wrapped itself around the corner of the building. This was quickly followed by its owner peering around the corner.

The ... Willy Weasel robot?

"Whoa! What the ......?" the man cried out in surprise. Isn't it supposed to be inside? Singing on stage? The animatronic seemed to be grinning as it then walked around the corner and stopped in front of him.

The machine's pupils seemed to expand and then contract as it studied him. Was he imagining it? Maybe the joint was making him hallucinate?

"I didn't know that you dudes took smoke breaks?" the brown-haired guy quipped, chuckling a little. It all seemed a bit too silly to be real. A walking robot? Yeah, right! ... what's next? A talking umbrella?

"Wanna hit?" he joked, holding out the joint to the robot. Strangely, its eyes looked at it, and then back at the slightly delirious man ... almost if the animatronic had understood everything he said.

The machine was silent for a second.

Then ...

SMASH!

The brown-haired guy instantly crumpled to the ground, slain by the single but powerful slash from Willy's right set of claws. The animatronic weasel smirked down at the dead body in satisfaction.

Willy then heard the tiny pitter-patter of soft fabric feet, and turned. He saw Willimeena running around the corner, looking worried.

"Daddy, are you okay?" the little weasel pup panted, stopping a few paces before him. "You just went and left and the others were a bit worried as to where you'd gone? I was too."

The weasel robot smiled reassuringly at his daughter, and patted her head.

"I'm fine, Bia, honest! I was just taking out some rubbish", he said, gesturing to the dead man.

Ah, Willimeena. Still with the anxiety problems, I see? Though I can't blame you; considering the months of traumatic separation you went through, he thought.

The little weasel nodded, even though her ears flattened at the sight of the dead body of the brown-haired guy in front of her. That kind of thing still bothered her.

Willimeena's gaze then fell on the still smoking joint, which was still clutched in the dead man's fingers. Feeling very curious, the doll reached out and picked up the joint. She studied it with interest.

What is this? she thought. Quickly, Willy plucked the joint from his kid's grasp and puffed on it a little. Well, the guy DID ask me if I wanted to try it ... and he won't need it anymore!

"Good ......" he muttered, smirking.

"Can I try it?" Willimeena's curious voice caught the big weasel's attention, and his smirk instantly faded. Darn it! I forgot that Bia doesn't know anything about this sort of thing!

Willy looked down with a stern look at his daughter.

"NO", he said in a firm but gentle voice. "It's not for kids, trust me! And especially not for you, Bia."

The little weasel toy looked disappointed for a second, but then smiled and nodded.

What do you think of this intro, just curious? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍