Dilemma of Doubts

This is the next chapter! I had to cut some of the comic content out because it was a bit ... rude, in my opinion. Is that okay? I hope that you guys like this chapter! 👍

—————

In the dining hall, Willy's Wonderland, daytime, a week later ...

The sun was sinking quickly towards the horizon; late afternoon giving way to evening. Closing time for Willy's Wonderland.

The doors were now locked, all customers gone, and the staff were presently cleaning the place up. Except for Tex. The white-suited businessman was currently playing on one of the arcade game machines in the dining hall.

Tex Macadoo wasn't usually the kind to play arcade games; but this was a good distraction. A distraction from the panicking hell his mind had now become. The man practically wrenched at the controls as he played, his face grim and sweating simultaneously.

"Re-open Willy's Wonderland, Tex", he muttered under his breath. "It'll make a ...... ton of money, Tex." PING! PING! PING! went the arcade game machine.

"What could possibly go wrong?" the restaurant owner shuddered as he whispered the words. Dark memories from months back suddenly surfaced in Tex's mind, brought up by his own thoughts.

Monsters. That's what could go wrong. The image of the very much alive Willy Weasel and the other robots grinning evilly at him.

Real, live, ...... monsters. Things that could have only come from a person's worst nightmares, in the businessman's opinion.

They ...... poor Belle ...... like roadkill. Tex fought to keep his anguish down as he remembered the shocking sight of his now dead girlfriend.

Jed told me he's got it all under control. He said he can keep these walking nightmares in check. The mechanic may be secretive, but the restaurant owner knew his old friend's knowledge of mechanical things to be very reliable. Well ... fairly reliable.

When one was dealing with the supernatural, you had to allow for potential contingencies. Tex's brow furrowed more with doubled anxiety, the sweat on his face increasing too!

The white-suited businessman still couldn't get over the fact that the founder of the place he now owned, and the old staff were still here! Wearing the mascot machines like they were sets of clothes! If Tex hadn't seen it with his own eyes, he would never have believed it!

One thing about the situation was good though. Jerry's daughter, Arabia aka Willimeena Weasel, seemed to have joined the party of reincarnated ... in the body of her weasel doll.

Unlike her killer family, the little weasel didn't really seem like a monster to Tex. She'd always come across as a sweet, gentle and caring child to him at the restaurant in the past.

I don't think that Arabia will be a problem. It's her father that I'm more worried about!

Jed had told the white-suited businessman that if he wanted to send a message to the animatronics about anything to do with the restaurant at all: Tex could do it via Willimeena!

Not that the restaurant owner felt very eager too, of course! The toy weasel seemed to stick by her family; and Tex had decided on NEVER going close to those robots again, if he could help it! Which he couldn't ... unfortunately.

It's been months now without any kind of trouble. Which was true! On the surface, the Willy's Wonderland restaurant business was doing very well.

No more complaint or problems, especially involving the animatronics. A faint smile began to grow on Tex's face. I think the worst is behind me.

The white-suited businessman suddenly cursed as he mistimed a move on the arcade game. Tex tried to correct it ... but ... too late. He groaned as a flashing message showed up in lights on the game machine.

GAME OVER! YOU ARE A LOSER!

"For god's sake, don't rub it in!" the restaurant owner snapped at the game irritably. He then sighed, and mopped his brow with one hand.

It was true though. Only a loser would let monstrous animatronics roam around a place for families ...

"Mr. Macadoo. We need you in the back! It's an emergency!" a voice behind Tex called suddenly, jerking the owner out of his moody state. He turned quickly around, recognising the owner of the voice.

The red-shirted guy with glasses.

The aforementioned staffer was pointing towards the bathroom. Tex glared at him as he inwardly cursed his seemingly perpetual streak of bad luck.

"Of course, it ...... is! I'm coming! I'm coming!" he said testily.

———

Ten minutes later ...

Tex strolled out of the bathroom, a confident smirk on his face. He'd left the staffers in there to clean up the 'smelly' emergency problem that he'd been informed about earlier.

It hadn't really been as bad as he expected! The incident had not involved the killer robots ... and surprisingly enough; had lightened the restaurant owner's mood!

He whistled a little as he looked at the now sparkling clean dining hall. Feeling way more confident than before, Tex strode over to check the closest window blinds, the ones next to the Gus Gorilla mascot.

"I've gotta admit business has been booming lately! Kids love this place!" the white-suited businessman quipped to the gorilla robot idly. "Hell, I've even had to bring in a couple of fresh faces to help the place keep up."

He then sighed. If only I could find people to hire who aren't mostly idiots! Tex thought. The man suddenly narrowed his eyes, turning to look at Gus as a sudden thought flashed up in his mind.

"Still, I can't help but think you fellas don't much care about the money, now do ya?" he questioned the animatronic animal accusingly. "What is it you want from me?"

...

Was it just Tex's imagination, or did the gorilla's cheerful grin suddenly turn slightly sinister and smug?

The restaurant owner suddenly let out an extremely undignified, high-pitched yelp as he felt a bony hand firmly grasp his left shoulder. Tex whirled around, and then relaxed as he saw a familiar, scowling face.

Deputy Lund.

Behind her, stood Sheriff Hobson, with a deadpan expression on his face.

"Darn it, Sheriff!" the white-suited businessman swore as he clutched at his chest with his left hand. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" Lund just shrugged indifferently.

"Sorry about that, Tex, but we need to ask you a few questions", she said.

Willimeena, who was listening in on the conversation; on her counter close by, flattened her ears in dismay.

Why her again?!

Tex is getting pretty antsy, isn't he? Who wouldn't with that kind of work environment? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍