Curtain Ain't Closed Yet!

Here is the last chapter of this fanfic! Hayesville deals with the aftermath of the party tragedy ... in great confusion and anger! Tex, in particular, will have to deal with more than just police questioning in the future! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

Outside Willy's Wonderland, the morning afterwards ...

Clouds upon clouds in the early morning sky blocked out the rising sun, casting the land below in a light shadow. The dim sunlight only added to the ominous sense of depression and gloom in the area, especially at Willy's Wonderland.

Several police cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance were all parked among other vehicles in the makeshift carpark outside the front of the restaurant. The fire truck was parked next to the Willy's Wonderland signpost; the weasel's ever-present smile on the sign somewhat sinister and chilling now.

Firemen were talking quietly in a small group next to the restaurant's doors, their body language nervous and twitchy. The ambulance was parked to the right of the entrance, the back doors of the vehicle wide open.

Paramedics were filling it with body bags.

MANY body bags.

Jed Love, the town mechanic, was standing to left of the ambulance, watching the goings-on with a strangely indifferent expression.

The restaurant owner: Tex Macadoo, just stood in front of the closed doors, staring down at the ground in utter misery. He felt true regret and shame for what had happened the night before.

Willimeena's clear disappointment in him, her dad's twisted glee, the screams of all those innocents ...

The white-suited businessman shuddered, trying to block it all out of his mind with limited success. He saw his surviving two employees (Chip and Dommie) sitting side by side on the bottom edge of the open doors of the ambulance.

The blue-shirted man (on the left) seemed to be mentally comatose with misery. Dommie just looked glum and lost in her inner thoughts. They were clearly missing Lexie.

Tex's shoulders slumped. Lexie's death was his fault. All of the deaths were entirely his fault. Willy Weasel was right about him.

Tex was totally useless, and morally irresponsible too. If the restaurant owner has just told the police about the possessed animatronics in the first place, all this carnage would have been averted!

He failed everyone. If Chip and Dommie now hated him for what happened, it would only be half of what Tex deserved ...

"MACADOO!!!"

The white-suited businessman turned to see a furious-looking Sheriff Hobson and Deputy Lund marching over to him fast! Their faces were like THUNDER ... and a little feeling told a now nervous Tex that the two cops wouldn't be open to bribes this time!

"Um ... good morning, officers!" the anxious man said weakly, raising his hands up in a 'calm down' gesture. However, Hobson and Lund were anything but calm!

"What the ...... happened in there?! It's a god darn massacre!" the Sheriff practically roared at the shaking Tex, gesturing angrily at him.

"There ain't no way I can keep this quiet, Tex! You'll be lucky if you don't end up in jail!" Hobson spat. He ignored the frown from his deputy about the implication of trying to cover up a massacre.

The aforementioned restaurant owner bowed his head in acknowledgment, but then took a deep breath and looked up again. To hell with keeping the possessed robots a secret any longer!

"But Sheriff, let me explain," Tex pleaded. "It was Willy—"

"Don't give me that ...... about puppets coming to life!" the Sheriff cut the other man off sharply. "My boys have been all over, and we ain't found a darn one of them!" he snapped, glaring at Tex.

To tell the truth, the white-suited businessman had hardly expected the murderous robots to stick around their crime scene. Only foolish crooks did that, and Jerry and his gang hadn't been idiots, not by a long way!

Tex was a little disappointed though that Hobson wasn't questioning how animatronic mascots weighing a few thousand tons each could have vanished.

Out of the left side of Tex's gaze, he saw a recognisable little furry face with pink ear bows peeking around the corner of a parked police car. The second their gazes met however, Willimeena looked startled, flinched away and back out of sight.

The white-suited businessman felt ashamed once again, at the sight of the weasel doll.

Willimeena ... I'm so sorry for messing up, Arabia ... Maybe I could apologise later on, she deserves that most of all ...

"But Sheriff!" Tex's outer protests started rising in pitch with frustration. "They're ALIVE!! They can talk on their own, move on their own, they're poss—"

"Willy's Wonderland is shut down!" Sheriff Hobson barked, cutting off the restaurant owner yet again. "Immediately! You're done!" he added with a note of finality, turning around and walking away.

Tex's shoulders sagged in despair at this, and he bowed his head again. Deputy Lund quickly followed her boss, though not without shooting a vicious scowl at the white-suited businessman first.

"I knew that there was something strange going on up here!" she growled, pointing an accusing finger at the depressed Tex. As the two police officers walked away from him, the restaurant owner erupted into despairing sobs.

"That's it! I'm ruined, Jed! Ruined! It's all over!" Tex Macadoo cried, his voice ragged and full of regret. Jed sighed, and then walked over to his old friend and patted him consolingly on the back.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that", the mechanic whispered to Tex. Jed Love then turned to look back at the scene before him.

He watched the paramedics slam the ambulance doors closed on the body bags, and heard the 'chug-chug' of its engine started up.

"It ain't over by a long shot!" the mechanic said, his indifferent look transforming into a sinister smile.

Was this ending chapter good? What did you think of this fanfic, as a whole? Just curious? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍