An Imbecile among Idiots

Very sorry about the long wait! I've been very busy of late with oneshot requests, travelling, and holiday walks! Sincere apologies! In this chapter, Tex makes a monumentally stupid decision! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

In the dining hall, Willy's Wonderland, at the present time ...

"ABSO-......-LUTELY NOT!" Tex Macadoo roared, his face reddening quickly and his eyes almost bulging from their sockets. The man's teeth were also bared, and his eyebrows were furrowed to their utmost extent.

"NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!" the white-suited businessman added fiercely.

He then became painfully aware of his present facial expression, his volume, and the odd looks that EVERYONE in the room were giving him.

Including the animatronics and the weasel doll.

A classic mistake, where people's mouths react before their brains do ... and extremely common in professional imbeciles.

Tex's face quickly became even redder, and he cleared his throat a couple of times. The restaurant owner hastily brushed his clothes down and smiled weakly, trying to look competent. Which he didn't, by the way.

Willy Weasel, like his crew; was biting back quite a few chuckles at Tex Macadoo's awkwardness and embarrassment. It was a bit of bore really, staying on the stage for most of the time ... but there were always 'compensations'. Like this for instance.

The big animatronic weasel shot a glance at his daughter on her counter, and was further amused by Willimeena's reaction. The little weasel pup had clamped her mouth shut with her paws, shaking with silent giggles.

Thankfully, none of the humans in the hall were looking at the aforementioned doll.

"What I meant to say, Mr. Thornby ..." Tex (who'd finally managed to get out of his state of awkwardness) spoke carefully and slowly to the man in front of him. "... is we don't rent out Willy's overnight for kids' parties."

The white-suited businessman put on an apologetic but shaky smile as he motioned with his hands. "Ummm ... fire code violations and all", Tex finished lamely, and then mentally cursed at himself for his feeble excuses.

He'd never been good at lying when frightened. And boy, was Tex frightened! Who wouldn't be with the devil himself on the nearby stage?!

Mr Thornby, unsurprisingly, wasn't convinced by the restaurant owner's blustering.

"But my grandson, Allister, wants to have a birthday sleepover here", he stated. The aforementioned man was bald, solidly-built, with steel-rimmed glasses, and a posh suit.

His arms were folded, and expression stern. A young, brown-haired boy dressed in a green shirt ... 'Allister' ... stood at Mr Thornby's side.

"Surely, there's some 'wiggle' room with those fire regulations?" Allister's grandfather suggested ... very meaningfully. Willimeena, who was listening, just huffed and rolled her eyes.

Oh great. Another parent willing to 'spend to no limit' for their beloved kid, she thought. Caring, they called it. Spoiling ... was what her dad and extended family called it however.

They had a particular dislike for spoiled, arrogant kids. Hopefully, Tex won't be so foolish as to give into this idiot's demands.

The aforementioned white-suited businessman hesitated for a moment; torn between his common sense ... and his inwardly greedy nature.

On one hand, this could be very financially good for me! Tex thought to himself. I could pay off all of my debts easy with the potential incoming profits! On the other, though ...