Never Upset Gorillas - Part 2

This is the fourth chapter of this fanfic! In this one, Gus loses his temper with his boss ... although she should have seen it coming. Bullies sometimes get backlash quite literally from their victims. I hope that you guys like this chapter! 👍

—————

The zoo staffer then held out a banana to the gorillas. Their eyes glistened with hunger when they saw it. One of the gorillas; a female one, slowly got up and started to walk towards the black-haired man.

Gus smiled reassuringly at her as the gorilla stopped in front of him. She hesitantly looked at the banana that the zoo staffer held.

"Here you go, girl. I snuck this outta the commissary this morning", Gus said warmly. The big man watched as the female gorilla reached for the banana ...

"GUS! What do you think you're doing?!" a woman's voice, angry and harsh, yelled at him from his right. Gus instantly flinched and whirled around, dropping the banana on the ground.

The now startled female gorilla backed off a few steps, warily. The other gorillas quickly joined her by the bars of their enclosure, looking around for any potential dangers.

The black-haired man, very unfortunately, could see a plain danger. As in the middle-aged woman striding towards him along the walkway from the right. She had short reddish-brown hair, glasses, and wore an elaborate green zoo staff uniform.

"I've told you a thousand times, idiot! Don't feed the gorillas! It's not good for their diets, you big moron!" the woman shouted, jabbing a finger rudely at Gus.

The muscular zoo staffer winced. It was his boss, the head of this zoo ... and he REALLY didn't like her. Maybe because she disliked him. INTENSELY.

"Yes, ma'am. Sorry, ma'am. Won't happen again, ma'am", Gus muttered. That was his default method of dealing with the abuse. Apologise, be quiet, and the nasty people will go away.

That was what his parents had taught him all those years ago. They also taught him that 'kind' and 'understanding' people were always potential friends and could be trusted ... while never to trust 'nasty' and 'mean' people.

Gus's boss just rolled her eyes, a big sneer on her face.

"That's all I hear from you, dummy! I won't do it again, ma'am! Sorry, ma'am! But you just keep messing everything up!" she snapped. The black-haired man sighed, hanging his head down.

Gus had stayed at the zoo, despite the abuse; because he hoped that at least one of the staff would be nice to him. But recently, the muscular employee had been giving up hope that he would ever find a friend at work. If so ... were the animals really, really worth working with people like these?

"Why are you so stupid?" the zoo boss suddenly burst out, actually prodding Gus in the chest. It startled him.

"It's not polite to push, ma'am", the black-haired man protested. He'd always been brought up to have good manners and treat others respectfully.

The gorillas by the bars started to growl and bare their teeth at the woman near them. They didn't like how she was treating one of their favourite humans.

"You Big-Stupid-Ape!!!"

SMACK!

Gus was completely taken aback by the hard slap that came all too quickly. His cigarette was knocked out of his mouth and fell to the ground.

She hit me! She HIT me?!

The same thought ran through the black-haired man's head again and again, as he raised a hand to touch his now painful left cheek. Never, NEVER had Gus been actually hit before! Ironically, the zoo boss was in shock too; at actually hitting Gus!

At that moment, the muscular staffer suddenly felt something else. Something hot, dark and dangerous was rising up inside him.

Anger ... Wrath ... RAGE. Just like the caged gorillas; who were now pounding at the bars and snarling.

"You shouldn't have oughta done that ... ma'am", Gus stated calmly, but with a hint of a growl in his voice. His hands started clenching into tight fists. The woman backed away a step, hands held up and to the sides in an attempted reconciliation gesture.

"Now hold on a minute, Gus", she pleaded. This employee of hers had never reacted angrily to any of her words before ... but now ... Now, the zoo boss was quickly regretting hitting a person who was bigger and more muscular than her!

"We can discuss this like civilised people, can't we? One of Gus's eyes twitched angrily at this.

Civilised?!

In no time at all, his boss was down on the ground, felled by a powerful right hook blow from the angry man. The black-haired man's fists smashed down on her again, and again!

"Who's the moron now?" Gus bellowed, raising his hands to the sky. The gorillas behind him (except for one, who'd managed to salvage the dropped banana) all growled and roared in seeming approval.

Well, in the black-haired man's mind, they were.

———

Back in the asylum therapy room ...

Gus finally fell silent, and flushed. He stared at the floor, not looking at anyone; not the psychologist, or the other patients. A very awkward silence hung in the air; partially fuelled by the big man's embarrassment.

Several seconds of further silence passed ... and then it was suddenly broken by clapping. Slow, deliberate clapping. Gus looked up surprised, and turned to the source of the clapping.

So did everyone else.

Jerry Willis was the one clapping; a tiny but deadly smirk on his face. Sara hastily joined in on the clapping as well.

"Bravo! Great story! Well done, Gus!" Jerry drawled, his words holding multiple meanings. The big, black-haired man smiled in relief and happiness at this.

"Thanks, boss!" he said, with a grateful nod at the serial killer in the orange shirt. Jerry's smirk on grew bigger.

He is such a PUSHOVER! And NAÏVE too! the deceptive man thought. All it took was a little 'kindness' and 'understanding': and voilà! Gus now follows me around like a devoted puppy, hehe.

Jerry then turned his attention to the disapproving yet slightly intimidated psychologist.

"Well? Don't stop there, doc! Please tell us more of these wonderful stories", the serial killer purred unsettlingly at the scowling woman.

"Speaking for myself ... I've come to like 'Storytime' quite a lot. More entertaining than I expected!" His grin was both toothy and predatory, resembling a carnivore smiling at its prey.

Who is creeped out by Jerry here, just curious? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍