Catching the Chameleon

This is the next chapter! Here we meet Cammy (before she turns into a chameleon)! By the way, I put her down having 'split personality disorder' because that's what it said in the Villains Wiki. So please don't criticise me! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

In the 'Super Happy Fun Room', the asylum, back in the past ...

"Go fish!" A huge, meaty hand slammed a playing card down on a pile of other cards, with such force that it made the entire table quiver. The owner of the hand laughed very smugly.

"I win!" The aforementioned big man crowed in triumph, smirking at the other people around the table. Some of whom just rolled their eyes at his antics.

"Gus! We're not even playing that game, you silly goose!" a brown-haired man to the left of the black-haired giant scolded. "Pick up your card!"

Arthur Allen (Arty), who was sitting on Gus's right, sighed in irritation and turned to the man on HIS right.

"Remember! You said that we can work on our art projects after this!" the tattooed artist said pointedly. Jerry Robert Willis smirked, and gave a single nod, as a reply to Arty.

He surveyed his growing band with a sense of hidden glee. All here, except Sara ... who Jerry had recently sent off on a little secret mission.

Just a little more time, and I should have all the 'friends' I need. Arabia, please hang on, my little angel. Daddy will be out soon!

The orange-shirted man's thoughts about his little daughter were suddenly interrupted by a familiar blonde figure nervously walking past him. Jerry recognised her in an instant.

It's that girl from the therapy group they make me go to: the one in the straight jacket. Camilla, that was her name?

She's not wearing it now though ... and looks rather anxious to me. Miserable. Lonely.

Hmmm ... Maybe Camilla needs a new friend?

The serial killer chief smiled devilishly as he turned his full attention on the poor woman.

"Why, hello, my dear!" Jerry called charmingly, trying to sound as 'friendly' as possible. "Come! Join our little group!" he continued, beckoning her with a hand.

The blonde girl jumped a little, startled; and turned her head. Camilla flinched again as she saw who had addressed her.

Jerry Robert Willis had already gained a bit of a 'reputation' in the asylum, and not for good things! The young woman personally didn't want to associate with such a notorious person, but she was nervous about upsetting him.

"I don't think that I should", Camilla murmured shyly. "They wouldn't like it." Jerry raised an eyebrow at this.

"And who's they?" the orange-shirted man questioned. The young blonde woman seemed to cringe and retreat inward at the very inquiry.

"Shhhh. Don't let them hear you. I'll get in trouble", she said, glancing around; and putting a hand to her mouth. Then Camilla's face suddenly twitched.

A half manic—half angry expression crumpled it; instantly erasing all the anxiety. "Who cares! I'll xxxxxxxx!" the blonde girl abruptly hissed, snarling at Jerry and his group. Camilla then burst out laughing shrilly and insanely.

She said xxxxx!" the woman gasped, trying to cover her mouth ... before her face twitched again. The mania suddenly vanished, and the anxiety came back ... along with a look of shame.

"It's not like any of it matters anyhow", the blonde girl muttered under her breath, turning away from Jerry. A tear leaked slowly out of one of her eyes.