Naive Numbskulls

This is the first part of the 3-chapter grand finale of this fanfic! It's getting close to midnight in Willy's Wonderland ... and the party is still going on! It's all up to Tex to avert the disaster yet to come ... but will he? Wait and see! 😈😈 I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

In the dining hall, Willy's Wonderland, five minutes from midnight ...

Jed Love yawned a little as he leaned against the far left wall of the dining hall; a tired expression on his face. He wearily watched the kids run around, scream, and eat junk food ... like they had done for HOURS already!

How much longer is this blasted party going to go on for?! he thought sulkily. It was starting to get very boring, plus he was frigging tired!

The middle-aged mechanic just wanted to go to his bed and sleep like a log. Jed's watch alarm (a somewhat sinister silver bell chime) then suddenly went off loudly!

The stocky man glanced down briefly at his watch, on his right wrist. 11:55 pm. Jed's mouth automatically twitched into a smirk at the sight of the time, his tiredness gone in an instant!

Hmmmm ... time's nearly up on Willimeena's agreement! Let's see whether Tex will REALLY live up to his responsibility as the 'owner' of this place!

Personally, Cammy's brother couldn't care less how the party ended ... but it would be interesting to see how Tex reacted, at least.

The middle-aged mechanic sighed, then took his cigar out of his mouth and sauntered through the raucous party to the mascots' stage.

An exhausted-looking Tex Macadoo was standing in front of said stage, handing candy out of a bag to excited children crowding around him.

The restaurant owner's confident posture was sagging; his expression that of a person who is almost asleep.

One look at Tex's present pitiful state, and Jed's ready-made sarcastic quips quickly vanished. Genuine sympathy appeared in their place.

Poor guy! The sooner he gets to bed, the better! the mechanic thought, a compassionate smile appearing on his face. For all of Tex's many failings, he was still Jed's best mate.

The aforementioned stocky man then slowly approached Tex through the crowd of children, while carefully avoiding stepping on their feet.

"Hey, Tex. How are you doing?" he said, stopping in front of his friend. The aforementioned businessman looked up at him, and smiled weakly.

"Tired, very tired", Tex said, and sighed as some kids ripped the sweet bag out of his hands and ran away. The middle-aged mechanic sighed too, and patted the other man on the back, comfortingly.

"I just came to tell you that it's now five minutes to midnight, Tex. You'd better shut the party down now", Jed said bluntly, and then paused.

"Unless you want to hand that job to Willy and his crew?" he offered, smirking a little. The restaurant owner's face instantly went as white as his suit at the mere suggestion.

"No, no! I can do it!" Tex said hastily, laughing a fake laugh. The middle-aged mechanic rolled his eyes, but still smiled.

"Great! And anyway, look at the positives of this situation! You'll be able to go to bed as soon as the party's shut down!" Jed pointed out.

The white-suited businessman shot him another weak smile in response, before turning to face everyone else in the hall.

"Okay, folks!" Tex Macadoo said briskly, clapping his hands loudly. "Party's over! Let's tidy up now!"

The staffers all looked very relieved at his words ... as were the parents, to some degree. Willimeena Weasel, in particular, was wearing a wide and happy grin on her face.

But the kids looked very disappointed and sad at their fun being over. So were the killer animatronics, who were now a bit droopy and glum-faced.

The restaurant owner, in comparison; let out a huge sigh of relief. Thank goodness I said it now, rather than later! Looks like everything will be fine, just f-

"It's not fairrrrrr!" Alistair's whiny voice interrupted Tex's happy thoughts. The birthday boy was glaring at the white-suited businessman; arms folded and lips pushed out in a huge petulant pout.

"I haven't even had my cake yeettt!" he wailed annoyingly. Willy and Willimeena's ears seemed to all flatten at the whining.

The big weasel and his gang then glared at the spoilt boy. So did a lot of the adults. Alistair's grandfather, unfortunately, wasn't one of those adults.

"Yes, surely my Alastair deserves a cake for his birthday party?" the old, rich man insisted, narrowing his eyes at Tex.

The birthday boy immediately copied his grandfather; practically radiating indignation and self-indulgence. The restaurant owner groaned in exasperation and then mopped his forehead with one hand.

"I know, sir, but it's midnight!" Tex replied tersely. "It's too late for a kid his age to still be up!

It ... maybe five minutes will be all right?" he suggested, grabbing the handful of notes that Alastair's grandfather had just held out to him.

Maybe Willy and co will hold off until then? It's only a few minutes after all, Tex thought to himself.

The aforementioned grandfather smiled smugly as he watched the white-suited businessman tuck the bribe into one of his pockets.

"All right! Let's get us some cake!" Tex then declared, motioning at his reluctant but resigned staff. They all nodded and walked quickly towards the kitchen.

Alistair whooped in triumph, followed by the rest of the kids. His smug grin was outmatched by that of Willy Weasel's smirk though.

The animatronic leader and his friends looked very happy with Tex's decision ... in an evil way. Jed though, just sighed in resignation and folded his arms.

Turned out that Tex would follow old instincts and obey the call of money. Big disappointment, really. Not to me though.

The middle-aged mechanic then turned and walked across the hall to Willimeena's counter. The weasel doll's eyes were fixed on the scene in front of her, posture sagged, ears down, tail down, and looking very depressed.

Jed whistled through his teeth as he leaned against the wall to the left of the counter, looking at the toy.

"Sorry, Willimeena! Looks like you've backed a real numbskull here", he muttered. The stocky man then patted the disappointed weasel pup on the head, consolingly.

I personally added a bit to this part of the comic, because I thought that there should have been more of an ominous buildup to the climax. Also, what do you readers think of Alistair? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍