Chapter twenty nine: Prank Call

3514 words. TW blood, abuse, arguing and death

A few months and weeks had been dedicated to moving Cross' and Chara's belongings into Nightmare's house. He decided to take a break for a while. The others at school had an idea to make him feel better.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Yeah, it's just a prank call. Cross wouldn't mind, he's absent."

"Okay."

"Gays, c'mere."

"Lust, stop calling us that."

"Nope." Lust held the phone away from his face so everyone could see. The camera was covered so Cross wouldn't see them. "And, go!" He clicked 'call'. It rang for only a few seconds, when the group was about to say something, they were cut off by an unfamiliar voice.

"YOU USELESS PIECE OF SH!T!"

The reason the call was answered quickly was because the phone was tossed. What they saw was Cross, being pinned to the floor with a pair of hands around his neck. Whoever it was, their back was to the camera.

Cross was looking up with a scowl. He kicked the stranger's gut and got up. Cross was slapped in response, what scared the gang was that he didn't react. Not even blink! "Nightmare, what the f**k is going on!?" Lust turned to him.

No one there had seen such a mixture of emotions in someone's face. Rage, worry, sadness and guilt. "I-I need to go. . ." He turned to leave.

"I Wanted Something Useful! You Can't Even Defend Yourself!" Lust lowered the volume.

"AND I WANTED A FATHER!" Cross shot back.

No one knew what was going on, except Nightmare.

"MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T SO WEAK, I'D WOULDN'T REGRET BEING YOUR FATHER." He threw a glass bottle at Cross' face. The gang started to understand an inkling of what was going on.

"We should follow Nightmare." Killer blurted out.

"He wouldn't let us." Error replied.

"GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULD LET YOU LIVE!"

No one could tell if it was Cross or the other, because it was both. They stopped and glared at each other. Suddenly, a knife was stabbed through one of the hands holding down Cross' arm, hurting him while getting it off. None of them knew what to do.

Then Chara walked over. "Hey, guys, where's Nightmare-"

"Do you know about this?!" Lust asked frantically.

Chara stared at the phone. A black substance was at the corner of his eyes. Some ran down his face. "I need to go." He walked away quickly.

"Wait-!! Sh!t."

A crash from the phone caught their attention again. They could see the stranger's face, barely. It was covered with blood which was also on Cross' hands. Error whipped out his phone and searched something up. "That guy's supposedly his father?"

"Weren't you listening? Yes!"

"Yeah, okay!" Error swiftly searched for the name Peñaloza. A woman appeared. She was reported missing thirteen years ago. Error assumed she was Cross' mother. He looked into it more. She had a connection with a scientist. He went by XGaster, not his real name of course, but it seemed there was no record of his original name.

He looked back up at the other phone. The man in the video call looked a bit older, but for the most part identical. He kept reading.

"Error, what're you looking at!?" Lust turned, frantic.