Epilogue

Violet had set her sights on finding the necklace that would help and guide her subjects into a better future. The necklace she was so desperately looking for was what was going to give her the power she needed to put an end to the tyrants' rule. The ones that chased her and her subjects away from their home.

They were once a rival and a serious threat to the Storm Casters. They had the power to beat even the biggest of storms with relative ease. But their chance for glory was ruined by the Dreamers. Those easy-going, Idite-worshiping, fiends revealed their plans to the Storm Counsel. They weren't shut down as quickly as they had anticipated, but when the Counsel put an end to their uprising, all thoughts of overwhelming the biggest empire in Triceria became nothing more than a dream itself.

A flood nearly wiped Violet and her subjects off the face of the continent, but a small glimmer of hope showed itself in the shape of divine intervention. The Dreamers were now in the path of destruction. This gave Violet's subjects and herself the chance they needed to flee. They would colonize somewhere where the Storm Casters wouldn't be able to find them. Then, they could hatch their plan for revenge.

Violet looked around at the slow construction that was unfolding around her. Her subjects had busily gotten to work a few years ago building their new settlement. They had found an abandoned area on a different continent bordering a desert and surrounded by oceans. While Violet didn't approve of this being the most ideal spot for her kingdom, it was the only area that didn't have others already inhabiting it. The desert was littered with venomous dragons that took the lives of many of her subjects in a matter of days. The northwest was just too cold. Surprisingly, there were dragons living there. Directly north, were mountain ranges and deadly fire-breathers looking for a fight around every corner. And to the east, were swamps too thick and wet and a rainforest with mysterious, color-shifting sloths that did nothing but sleep.

But her most prized building was her soon-to-be palace. The light from the two full moons glittered along the dark face of the palace. Cut out from the side of a mountain, it was well hidden and secure. Bones had already been scattered around the finished areas and decorated the first floor. She knew her home wouldn't be finished by the time she found the necklace. But she knew that the dragon who would help her would finish it for them. He would make sure that their new home was completely invisible to any curious eyes.

She closed her eyes and let out a faint chuckle. Soon. She thought to herself. I'll find you very soon. And when I do, you'll be crowned king. You will be the very savior of my tribe and my home.