Chapter 10

Sahara found herself in a black room but she couldn't move her body. It was like she was paralyzed. The only thing she could move was her eyes and mouth.

Then, she could hear someone laughing, however, the voice sounded familiar. She could hear talons scrapping the stone floor and a tail slithering. Sahara saw the dragon light up her glow-in-the-dark scales and the SeaWing glared at her with an evil smile.

"Did you really think it was that easy to tell Dolphin and her friends that you saw me and Topaz?" Pearl asked.

Sahara could see the bleeding spot where the stone hit Pearl's snout. There was also other bruises on her neck, underscales, and tail. Pearl raised her front talon and held the stone tight. "Foolish to think this stone would stop me." she hissed, glancing at it. Pearl tossed the stone to Sahara's talons and growled.

"Plus, you defeated my dragons with your pesky friends!" the SeaWing raged. "Falcon wasn't suppose to live -- and neither was you!" Something started forming beside Pearl and Sahara could only slightly make out what it was. It looked like it was forming small and large spikes on the end. Pearl was looming over her now and was staring at her pouch. She snatched it off Sahara's neck and peered at it.

Enchant the obsidian mirror to stay safe from Pearl and Topaz, along with Dolphin's pearl. Sahara thought. Pearl reached into the pouch and pulled out the copper ring and black pearl. "What are these objects for, SandWing?" Pearl demanded.

"The black pearl is to protect me from any bad animus magic. And the copper ring will turn any evil dragon good as long as they wear it." Sahara explained. Pearl laughed and twisted the items between her claws.

"I bet Dolphin made these." she snarled. "Whatever, it doesn't matter." The formed item in Pearl's talons had completely shaped and looked like a staff. The staff was made from blue and white crystals and had a pink sphere that rotated in the middle. Peach colored pearls coiled around the staff and the sphere gave off a light pink mist around it. Pearl pointed the staff at the objects and the pink sphere spinned. It had purple rising through it and it gave off a bright light. A streak of light engulfed the objects and when the light faded, the items gave off an electric charge.

Pearl sneered at them and tossed them towards the ground. Suddenly, they exploded, and all that was left was gray ash. Pearl blew out the smoke that was rising from the staff.

Sahara stared at the ash pile that was now on the ground. They're gone? There was no way the pearl and the ring were gone in reality, too! When Sahara woke up, the objects would still be in her pouch. . .it would. Right?

The SeaWing eyed down at her and snorted. "What's wrong, SandWing?" she giggled. She paced around Sahara and periodically poked her with her staff. "Never seen magic work like this? Well, as expected from a newbie. It takes years of much practice to do things like this. How long have you had your magic? A few days? No wonder you looked so shocked."

"Did you ever think that maybe you practiced too much?" Sahara shot. "You clearly don't care about your soul or the other consequences that would come after. All you care about is your power!"

Pearl desperately held back a laugh, covering her mouth her a talon. But soon, small chuckles began to leak out. Her chuckles grew louder and louder before she was cackling, uncontrollably. Her laughter echoed throughout the room, which made her voice sound louder than what it really was. "Wow! Now you really sound like them!" Pearl cackled.

"I was told what happened to you." Sahara said. "Don't think that I'm an idiot!"

"Oh?" The SeaWing grinned so wide it made Sahara question whether Pearl was still sane. "They did? Let me guess what they said! I lost my soul due to my constant use of my magic and attacked them. Therefore, they had the perfect reason to get rid of me."