From, Interna Familia

TW; Swearing

Look at me pretending to be so official about by trigger warnings

The third generation of la Familia Madrigal was a tight-knit pack, save for Mirabel. She had her lucky streak at the age of five, the day that the ever-burning candle withered her door to nothing.

And yet she saw something different. It hurt all five of them to see her so down about something that wasn't worth it, but any attempts of theirs to show her always resulted in her feeling annoyed at them for trying to make her feel better out of pity.

If only she knew...

But the five of them refused to tell her straight-up the cages of their so-called gifts, lest they seem ungrateful for what Mirabel saw as the Miracle that rejected her. Honestly, Isabela and Camilo thought that Casita loved her too much to let her get a gift.

Other than Isabela, Luisa, and I, who really were half the interna familia as Camilo and Isabela liked to call it(Those two were a bit closer, due to the similarities in their jaulas doradas), the adults had no clue about their children's tiny personal family. Don't mistake it for something it wasn't, the adults were quite perceptive. It's just that after so long of telling lies, the five of them stopped showing the little tells that Pepa, Julieta, and their husbands had grown accustomed to. 

None of us, most of all me, consider Abuela family anymore. After all, Pedro's sacrifice for their familia had hurt Mirabel to the point where she saw herself as separate(And Alma is all about Pedro's sacrifice) Her own unit. And yes, mi Interna Familia was just that, but we have each other. Mirabel is alone.

Well, not quite. Camilo still has some form of closeness with his self-proclaimed melliza and he had a death grip on the delicate rope that held their relationship together. After all, those two often worked together to babysit the insane amount of children in the Encanto that needed it. Their parents were too busy complaining to la Madrigals to take care of their children properly. It makes me wonder why they had children to start with. Did they really just want to torture me?

But that was irrelevant. The reason I'm writing this down is because once Mirabel claims her throne, she needs to remember these days. Back when she was alone, and we were trying our very damnest to protect her, because out of all the people who deserved Abuela's scolding, Mirabel is at the bottom of the list. Mira, if you're reading this, don't stop. Por favor, Hermanita, don't forget the past, because your grandmother had made the same mistake. I can hear her murmuring 'Pedro would want you to move on' to herself every fucking day, but she doesn't understand what it means. But you do, Mira. You can't pretend that you're fine when you aren't, because look where that got all of us. We're stuck in jaulas doradas, unable to escape. You can fix this, just claim your spot on the map.

Mira, I know you. You probably are trying to convince yourself otherwise, but chiqa, the reason I tell you this is because Abuela is old. She has no gift. You aren't old and have no gift.

Mirabel, you are our next porta vela, and don't let the town, the triplets, or even Abuela herself convince you otherwise. You just have to be crowned.

And if you find this, I know you're trying to leave. Please don't. Our jaulas doradas have gotten to the point where you're our only hope.

Come talk to the Interna familia once you find this. We've been planning this for you for 7 years, Mariposa. We have it all covered.

From,

La Interna Familia

L̶o̶ ̶s̶i̶e̶n̶t̶o̶.̶.̶.̶

Guess what? Part one of the Interna Familia AU I made a sporadic post about on my conversations board. 

Well, technically, this could be at any time in the au, but this was what I wrote first, so let's just stick with that.

Also, please don't mind the fact that the 5th to last paragraph sounds cheesy, I couldn't fix it (ideas on how to are GREATLY appreciated)