𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

♡︎ Frankie ♡︎

When we make it home I carry Billie up the stairs to my place, shutting the door with my foot behind me. I set down her back and my things before gently tapping her to wake her.

"Billie. Billie, darling wake up" I husk careful not to frighten her out of her sleep.

She whines, squeezing her eyes shut "wan' sleep."

"You have to wake up sweetie, I need to give you a bath" I say a little louder.

"No!" She grunts.

"Billie please, the faster I give you a bath the faster you can get back to your nap" I huff.

She mumbles angrily rubbing the sleep from her pretty blue eyes. I set her down on the floor going to the bathroom to run her bath.

Once the water temperature is nice I pour in soap to create bubbles, kids like bubbles right?

"Billie, come here darling" I say peeking my head out the bathroom.

She sighs making her way to the bathroom, her grumpy face soon changes at the sight of the bubble bath. Well the answers my question.

"Bubbles!" She shouts excitedly, a little too loud but her reaction was cute so I let her be.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me" I say starting to head out.

Her whining stops me from leaving, "what's the matter?" I frown.

"Why Fwankie no stay wif me?" Her bottom lip wobbles and her eyes gloss over.

"I-I can't.. you barely know me. I don't wanna make you uncomfortable" I sigh.

"Stay pwease" she pleads batting those long eyelashes at me.

How could she be so okay with me staying in here while she's naked?

"Billie I-"

Billie stomps her feet before falling down harshly on her bottom, crying her eyes out.

"Okay okay I'll stay just please .. please stop crying" I beg.

She sniffles, stifling her cries. Reaching for the bottom of her shirt she starts pulling it up making me immediately slap my hands over my eyes. I hear a little giggle from the girl.

After some time I hear the water splash, letting me know she must be in the tub. I turn around moving my hands away from my eyes.

"Billie?" I call out.

"Not now I'm pwaying" she whines, splashing around in the tub.

"I just want-" faintly I hear my phone ringing from the other room. "I'm going to get my phone I'll be right back okay?"

She hums in response, quickly I leave the room to retrieve my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Finneas, Billie's brother."

"Oh hi, I'm glad you called I have a bunch of concerns" I laugh humorlessly.

"What's the matter? Did something happen? Is she alright?" He panics.

"No no she's fine, I mean she gave me hell this morning throwing a whole tantrum and then she had an accident on herself but she's fine. She's in the bath do you wanna talk to her?" I speak while heading back to the check on Billie.

"Yeah let me talk to her" he chuckles.

"Billie, your brother is on the phone" I smirk warmly putting the phone on speaker since her hands are wet and covered in bubbles.

"Hi Finny!" She shrieks, her soft giggle making me smile bigger.

"Hey bubs how are you?" He questions, his voice filled with alot more enthusiasm.

"I'm otay' jus miss ou' lots" she sighs.

"I miss you too munchkin but you might be staying with Frankie until I come back, is that alright?"

"B-but I don't has toys or any of clothes" she whines.

"Don't worry about that sweetie, I'm gonna send Frankie enough money for some new toys and clothes. How does that sound?"

My eyes widen, "I can't accept money from you" I blurt out.

"It's the least I could do if you decide to let her stay with you. Billie needs a lot of things and I don't wanna make you spend your hard earned money on her when I've been providing for her majority of my life. Even when she was with that bi- that witch I sent her money for Billie. Not that she actually spent it on her but that's besides the point. If you agree to this I'll be sending you money for your rent and for her" he says sternly.

Am I really responsible enough to take care of Billie?