twenty one

twenty one

Michael let out a sigh before his breathing went back to normal. He rolled onto his side, facing Luke. The dirty, grey sheets were pulled up to his sweaty bare chest, his eyes closed as his long eyelashes rested on his fragile cheekbones. 

Mike feels so happy when he's around Luke. He feels like there's no harm that could ever happen again. 

Luke turned his head to look at his boyfriend, a small smile growing on his face. He turned his body to face Mike, his hands resting underneath his head. 

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" Michael asked, reaching out a hand and laying it upon the high cheekbones of his partner. 

Luke giggled, "No, but you seem to remind me quite often." 

"You know, eyes are the one thing that will never change within age. I guess I'm really lucky that I love yours."

"I'm lucky I love yours."

Michael shook his head before laying on his back once more. "But it's different," he said, "Yours are like the ocean before a storm. They're such a deep shade of blue, but mixed in between are these hues of lighter shades. But sometimes it's the opposite. Sometimes they have a ring of dark on the outside, but everything in between is almost white—it's like a reminder that the storm will pass over. You know what I mean?"

Luke once heard that if one can get a writer to fall in love with them, then they're the luckiest one alive. He believes it at moments like these. 

"Mine are just green."

Luke rolled closer to Michael, he lapped his legs over the paler ones, his chin resting on the beating heart. "Your left one is half brown. It starts to fade in the middle, and I think that's amazing. You get lost in space sometimes, and your eyes become some glassy, so still. It's like staring into the endless galaxies."

Mike scuffed.

"I love you," Luke sighed, resting his head sideways on Mike's chest. 

Michael placed his hands on Luke's bare back, dragging his callused fingers up and down the protruding spine. "I can't wait for the future. I used to be so scared, but now that you're in it, I don't think I am."

Luke hadn't told Mike about his mother's conversation. He doesn't realize he has to go home soon.

"I have to fly back to NYC soon to sign the finishing documents, but then I'm officially signed to Fueled By Ramen. This is literally a dream coming true."

Luke smiled, "I can already tell your punk rock cred has grown."

Michael laughed as he pulled Luke tighter into his chest. "Do you think I'll make it?"

"I have no doubt it my mind that you're gonna be at the top of every chart," he truthfully spoke. "You're gonna be selling out arenas any day now. You have nothing to worry about."

(a/n) double update