A Boggart

I was so embarrassed about to blatantly showing how I felt to Ron, thinking for a possible moment that he liked me too. But I was just fooling myself. He only sees me as a friend. I had stayed in my room all night to clear my head. I decided maybe it was better to just let my feeling for him go. So, that was my plan. Hermione hated it when I told her the next morning. Told me I really was crazy if I thought for a moment that Ron didn't like me back and not to give up so easily. But, I ignored her advice and decided I need to distance myself a bit.

For the next three days it was fairly easy. I was so busy with all my mounds of school work that it wasn't so hard to ignore him. But today, Malfoy was finally released from the hospital. He'd been moaning and groaning about how Buckbeak nearly killed him. Which was a total lie. The four of us sat in our study hall, Hermione and I working double time on all our homework. The three of us on one side and Ron alone on the other. When across the Gryffindor table, The Slytherin's were surrounding him. His arm was bandaged up and in a sling.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy Parkinson whined at him in her usual annoying voice. Clinging to his side.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two, and I, uh, could of lost my arm." Draco exaggerated. "Couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks."

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron complained.

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, but I hear Draco's father is furious." Hermione added.

"It's definitely not the last we've heard of this." I stated.

"So, Olivia." Ron started to talk, but the sound of footsteps and shouting stopped him.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus came running into the Great Hall waving his arms above his head. In one hand was a paper. He stopped next to me and placed it down on the table.

"Who?" I asked.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus shouted.

I gasped and pulled the paper closer to me. Harry and the others jumped up from their seats hovering over the table.

"Dufftown?! That's not far from here." I said giving Harry an uneasy look.

"Y-You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked nervously.

"With Dementor's at every entrance?" Dean scoffed.

"Dementor's! He's already slipped past them once, hasn't he?" Seamus looked around at all of us. "Who is to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right." Ben, who sat on the other side of spoke up as he looked at the paper. "Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

Harry and I were very uneasy about the fact that Sirius Black appeared to be heading towards Hogwarts. Though, we'd been assured we were safe here. It certainly didn't feel it. I mean, last year a bloody snake was attacking the school and I felt safer than now.

Hermione and I had a few afternoon classes. Using the time turners to get to them with ease. Next we needed to get to our Defense Against the Dark Arts class. We clicked the turner's twice going back two hours and ran to the DADA classroom. I'd never get over how strange it was too see time turn back right before your very eyes. As we snuck into the class room, tucking away the turners into our robes. We noticed everyone had gathered in front of a large shaking wardrobe. Professor Lupin, who'd been a much better teacher in a week than Lockhart had been in a year, walked around the students.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" Professor Lupin asked. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

"That's a Boggart, that is." Dean answered.