Detention and A Grim Quidditch Match

The weeks seemed to fly by as they did every year. Even though we were to be at Hogwarts for a near 8 months out of the year, it never seemed like enough time. One thing I had begun to notice though was how sunken Professor Lupin's face seemed to get every few weeks. Typically around lunar cycles. Regardless I rather enjoyed spending time with him, hearing about my Mum and Dad. It was one of the only things that seemed to be helping with my panic attacks and terrors through the night.

The students all sat in the DADA classroom chattering happily amongst themselves. The door bounced open and to the classes surprise it was not Professor Lupin that walked inside. It was Professor Snape. He waved his wand and made the shutters close on the windows, creating darkness within the room. He dropped a large projection screen down in the front of the class and gave all, a menacing look.

"Turn to page 394." Snape pronounced throughly. He began to walk the floors and Harry leaned over the empty seat next to him.

"Excuse me, sir? Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked concerned.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Professor Snape sneered at him. "Suffice to say that your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394."

Ron was taking him time flipping though the pages one by one. Professor Snape had finally made it to the back of the class where the projector was. He tapped the device with his wand, making it turn on, and in annoyance with Ron taking his sweet time, he flicked his wand again. Flipping to page 394 for him. I popped up in the class and in my empty seat next to Ronald. Hermione taking her's next to Harry. I looked at the page and frowned, realizing where weren't this far into the book yet.

"Werewolves?" Ron read off the page.

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and hinkypunks. Where not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks?" I questioned Snape. Ron nearly jumped out of his skin as he turned and realized I was next to him.

"Quiet." Snape elongated in his monotone voice.

"When did she come in? Did you see her actually come in?" Ron complained in a whisper across desks towards Harry who shook his head just as confused.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?" Hermione and I's hand's shot straight up in the air. Professor Snape walked up the aisle between the desk with his back turned, not even bothering to turn around. "No one? How disappointing."

I rolled my eyes and put my hand down. But that wasn't good enough for Hermione.

"Please, sir. An animagus is a wizard that elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind." Hermione explained.

"Awooo!" Malfoy howled. Crabbe, who sat next to him laughed loudly.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Snape gave him a soft glare. "You have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride along with Miss Potter in being an insufferable know it all?" Snape asked bullying Hermione, with the nerve to include my name. Hermione looked down almost as though she had tears in her eyes.

"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you do not want to be told?" I challenged. Snape's head snapped and looked at me.

"Miss Potter, detention and 10 points from Gryffindor." Snape said cooly.

"That's hardly fair. She's right. You ask and they answer your questions every class. How else are we meant to learn if you don't let us?" Ron question him bravely. The entire room went silent at Ron's outburst. Snape towered over our desk and glared at the both of us.