5. Regret and Goa

After Sheena went into her Room, Naina went to Rajveer who was in living area.

"Mujhe kuch baat karni thi" Naina said, Rajveer looks at her from TV.
Rajveer gave her the look which says, 'only is it's not about trip'. She sits beside him, reading his expression "yes, it's about Goa".

He sighed " not again, Sheena humne baat ki hai na".

She said impatiently "No we didn't" he was startled at her reaction "tumne sirf order dia... Humne kuch discuss nahi kia...sirf isi wajah se mujhe koi so called guardian nahi chahiye tha" she huffed, unaware of what she just said.

Rajveer grew suspicious "tumhe? Since when I became your guard".

She became alert "I...I mean Hume..." He was still looking unsatisfied "mere sath kuch ho ya Sheena ke sath... it's the same thing...hum hamesha sath hi rehte hai...you know that, right?" she looks at him with convincing smile, but seems like he was still adamant on his decision.

"It's still a no" he curtly said.

"Rajveer" she held his hands "Naina...she is really upset, not just because of this trip but there is something going on in her life, wo zyada batati nahi hai but" she takes a breath "tumne aj dekha hoga usey...it was her weakest moment, I just want make her happy....maybe ye trip ek acha option ho".

Rajveer nodded "I don't know what is bothering her, I don't want to interfere but she wasn't herself. Bahot alag thi aj..." Nodded "even itne dino se uske Jan ne ke bad...usey aisa dekh kar...pata nahi kyu...acha nahi laga" he genuinely said feeling bad for her. "look I can help you, but this trip is not the only solution" she pouted sadly. "Don't give me that puppy look, am not gonna fall for it".

"For now this is the only solution... pretty please...", She begged joining her hands, it was getting difficult for him to resist.

"Naina..." He was trying hard to dodge "the danger there..."

She sulked "fir to college bhi nahi jana chahiye na....tum gaurantee le
Sakte ho yaha kuch nahi hoga".

He let out a heavy sigh "fine...give me a one convincing reason....mujhe ye trip kyu allow karni chahiye".

Her eyes lighten up as her eighty percent of work is completed, just a little push remaining "Rajveer tumhare rehte huye mujhe" she stopped "ya...Sheena ko kuch nahi hoga....you are a trained soldier. You'll never let any harm touch us...bhaiya ne jab tumhe ye zimmedari di to soch samajh ke hi di hogi na.....and I know you'll never let any of us down....I trust you" his heart skipped a beat, and that was the last nail to the coffin.

He looks at her hopelessly "manogi nahi na tum....fine" she jumped in excitement "but us se pehle..mujhe Naveen ki permission Leni hai, only if he allows".

She clapped excitedly "wo to Haan keh hi denge after all me unki choti si gudiya" she stops in between as he looks at her with blank expression "ki behen hu" he nodded as she muttered under her breath 'bach gaye'.

------------------------

Rajveer was on call "are you sure Naveen, you want me to take them?"

Naveen replied "Of'course Rajveer, it's the golden moment of their life. Iss tarah se ek jagah baithna is not the solution, khatra kahi bhi ho sakta hai but that doesn't mean ki hum jeena chhod de".

Rajveer was a bit unsure "what if I couldn't...."

Naveen interrupts him "Raj, I trust you mere bhai. Aise hi meine tujhe nahi chuna hai. Tu meri Gudiya ko kuch nahi hone dega chahe kuch ho jaye, jab tak tu hai meri Gudiya ko ek kharoch tak nahi asakti".

That's what Sheena also told him yesterday 'You'll never let any harm touch us...bhaiya ne jab tumhe ye zimmedari di to soch samajh ke hi di hogi na.....and I know you'll never let any of us down....I trust you' He smiled. With their trust he felt pride in himself for earning such precious space in their life. He'll never let them down. Now his responsibility has doubled.