Chapter 8

"Mmh..."

I groaned, slightly cracking my eyes open.

I felt like I would've been swallowed by a thick blanket, the warmness and coziness soothing me. Never had I been so comfortable.

A low hum interrupted the train of my thoughts, a gentle stroking on my temple continuing its movement. My vision was met with nothing but a brown trunk, some strands of black hair tickling my cheek. And for a moment I was just beyond confused, the sleep still heaving my eyes.

The smell of the pine and spruce trees hit my nose, mixed with the familiar and relaxing sweet scent of my mate's. It was rather suffocating and strong, but it only made me feel safer.

And with few seconds' analysis, I realized that I had awoken in his arms; the male hugging me from behind me.

I stretched my arms out, the other giving me just enough space for me to slowly roll towards him. Tiredly, I was greeted with the masculine vampire, his red eyes already on me. Our noses could've touched each other if I leaned in any closer, my stomach flipping around as I realized our proximity, "Good morning, Darling."

Lynx pushed a strand of mine behind my ear, my hair probably otherwise comparable to an explosion, "H-Hi..."

I chocked out, instantly regretting as it came out so nervous and idiotic. My cheeks were red in an instant, my eyebrows knitting together. The man smiled wider, his nose gracing mine. His hand rose to my temple, then lowered down to my jawline.

And then to my throat.

I could feel shivers rake through me, and based on the small tilt in his smile, he felt those too.

"How are you feeling?" He smirked to me, stroking my sensitive skin by my neck. His leg touched mine, slowly slithering their way over my hip.

"I— uhm..."

I frowned deeper, the blush only intensifying. His sharp features made my thoughts tacky, my hand going down to move his own away from my throat. And that's when I caught it; the some kind of salty aroma in the air, "What's that?"

I asked him, pressing his hand between my fingers. He was so warm, his murky scent tantalizing me. The man's face leaned in, the closing gap between us making my eyes to enlarge, "Deer. Hungry?"

He asked, only an inch away from me. It took my breath away, my brown eyes lowering down to his plump lips.

I could feel how my stomach dropped; how his proximity made me tingle so strangely, "Uhm..."

I mumbled, partially horrified of how much he drew me in. How much he made me want to throw all my cautiousness away. And I knew that I wasn't great at hiding it, the other seeing just the similar hunger in my dull eyes that he felt at the exact moment.

"Lynx..."

I whispered, maybe even a bit as a plea.

I didn't know what I wanted, though all I knew was that I wasn't ready to make that decision.

The vampire pressed my hand ever so gently, my own gripping to him as tightly as it could, "I'll put you some, hmm? We can then continue walking."

He whispered back to me, so softly that I nearly melted. He let go of my hand, slowly pulling away from me.

Though I couldn't tell if it was worse that way.

・❀・・❀・・❀・

"What's that?"

I asked with excitement, lowering down to the ground.

What I had in front of me was a tiny flower, the petals of it baby blue, but the tips of them hot pink. I had never seen anything so beautiful, my eyes glistening with proudness at my discover. Our surroundings had slowly turned much more opulent and luminous. The trees were alive, and the grounds were blossoming with dozens of different kinds of plants.