Chapter 17

"Here, I think this is for you."

I raised my brows to the man speaking, my eyes turning from the busy street to the tall and elegant vampire beside me. The long and flowy hair of his swerved in the air, stirred by the rough wind.

His red eyes looked at me with the same gentle glint in them as always, now here and there taking a good look at our surroundings. He was wearing a thick turtleneck as it wasn't that warm outside, and jeans on the side too. The shirt had horizontal black and red stripes– really cute. And the jeans were black, really tight, and pretty sexy... and rounded his butt just perfectly.

"Celian?"

My very invasive staring was interrupted by the familiar, snarky voice, a faint blush spreading to my cheeks as I glanced back at the vampire's facial features, "What's that interesting?"

He teased, for sure knowing exactly what had been going through my mind. I scoffed quietly, trying to change the subject of the conversation immediately, "A letter?"

I mumbled, my hand snatching the white, sealed piece of paper from his hand that he had offered to me. It confused me a lot, not that I wouldn't have ever received letters. But here? Everyone thought I was dead, and I doubted any vampire here had any business with me.

"Mmhmm, I think you want to open it right now," he said, throwing his hand around my waist before continuing the walk that we had paused for him to pull that same letter out of his pocket.

I frowned at him, relaxedly leaning against him while he took us further down the street. We had just been on breakfast, and as he promised earlier, the vampire had taken me to see the tiny city.

It looked like a village, but it for sure was much larger.

The houses were all very close to each other, made of either stone or wood. They had small terraces, many of them leading to wide open doors. People were walking in and out like they were the residents of them. But the cakes and other stuff wrapped like gifts for the loving neighbors told a different story.

The streets were filled with laughter and smiling vampires, children running across from one door to another one. There was also a giant amount of tiny shops and plazas, the smell of fresh food, and the dozens of bright colors of hanging clothes beside the cute cafes making my stomach churn and interest bounce to what not.

It was so adorable, and it was so peaceful too. Even when the sky was gray and the scent of incoming rain staining the air... it was just so comfy and home-like.

I carefully slid my fingers inside the envelope after cracking the seal, curious about its contents. But once I opened the neatly tucked paper, I realized who it was.

The curvy and simple black inc on it gave me zero doubt.

Ezekiel.

"W-What?" I let out unintentionally, instantly freezing in my footing.

Though at that moment, I couldn't even hear the ruckus around me. My heart was beating so hard that I was scared it would rip itself off my chest. I became worried, excited, afraid, and sick at the same time. And so, my eyes started to read rapidly.

Fucking piece of cunt, you scared the shit out of me! I thought you were laying six feet under the ground, idiot! And don't you even dare to tell me that you are okay!

I will be there, and I will make sure that that's not the case.

Piece of shit.

Ezekiel.

Ps. I really do hope you're okay. Everything's in order, I will be there in a week. I got your six, love you. And no, Leonel didn't make me write–